View Single Post
sp103
01-30-2012, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tool8loot View Post
This was my 10th time seeing Tool (1996-2012), and by far, this show blew every other one out of the water. From beginning to end, the place was electric. I'm not sure what everyone else was seeing, but the crowd from where i was sitting (half court, left side, 2 rows up) was on it through the entire set. Right from the opening song Hooker with a Penis and Danny breaking a drum head from being so awesome, that set the tone. Then Jambi, Stinkfist, Ticks and Leeches (which i've never heard live), Pushit, Schism, Intension, Forty Six & 2, Lateralus, and Aenima. This set list was the best i've heard. The sound quality was the best i've ever heard. The video screens/backdrop were freaking HUGE! I hope that there is an album out by the end of the year. I have a sick feeling it could be there last.
It must be the rookies complaining about the bands energy. Adam has always pretty much hung around his side of the stage. Justin stays on the right, but jams out. What more do you want Danny to do? Maynard has for a long time hung out in the back. It's how they are. Tool is about the music, the sound, not stage antics. Go to a Circus if you want to see things backflip on fire!
I have no qualms personally about how Tool acts on stage.. My gripe is that a band of this magnitude shouldn't be only playing 1 hour 30 minutes for ticket prices that match other bands of the same genre that will play 2 1/2-3 hours. The 2nd gripe is the fact they are repeating the same songs over and over such as 46-2, Aenema, Schism, Stinkfist the past 10 years. The absolute lack of any songs off of UnderTow and Opiate is not acceptable in my personal opinion
Old 01-30-2012, 05:33 PM   #51
Level 3 - Talker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 01.28.2012 - Boston, MA @ TD Garden

Quote:
Originally Posted by tool8loot View Post
This was my 10th time seeing Tool (1996-2012), and by far, this show blew every other one out of the water. From beginning to end, the place was electric. I'm not sure what everyone else was seeing, but the crowd from where i was sitting (half court, left side, 2 rows up) was on it through the entire set. Right from the opening song Hooker with a Penis and Danny breaking a drum head from being so awesome, that set the tone. Then Jambi, Stinkfist, Ticks and Leeches (which i've never heard live), Pushit, Schism, Intension, Forty Six & 2, Lateralus, and Aenima. This set list was the best i've heard. The sound quality was the best i've ever heard. The video screens/backdrop were freaking HUGE! I hope that there is an album out by the end of the year. I have a sick feeling it could be there last.
It must be the rookies complaining about the bands energy. Adam has always pretty much hung around his side of the stage. Justin stays on the right, but jams out. What more do you want Danny to do? Maynard has for a long time hung out in the back. It's how they are. Tool is about the music, the sound, not stage antics. Go to a Circus if you want to see things backflip on fire!
I have no qualms personally about how Tool acts on stage.. My gripe is that a band of this magnitude shouldn't be only playing 1 hour 30 minutes for ticket prices that match other bands of the same genre that will play 2 1/2-3 hours. The 2nd gripe is the fact they are repeating the same songs over and over such as 46-2, Aenema, Schism, Stinkfist the past 10 years. The absolute lack of any songs off of UnderTow and Opiate is not acceptable in my personal opinion
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote