View Single Post
maxell0405
01-30-2012, 05:21 AM

So much negativity. But first the show: Opening with Hooker is great conceptually, basically telling the OGT fans to fuck off right from the start. From there the show really builds through Ticks (yes!). They were crushing it. I think we need a Hall of Fame just for Danny. Open it, induct him, then declare that no one else qualifies.

Pushit was amazing live. This was my 4th show since 2002 and had never seen it, I don't think. That first Lateralus show scrambled my brain pretty bad so I'm not sure. Pushit is not my fav on disk, but live it was excellent.

The intro to Schism sounded excellent. I definitely think it was a teaser of something that will be on the new record. Adam changed bits and pieces of Stinkfist too.

The guys seemed relaxed and pleased. Lots of looks and occasional smiles. Maynard gave the crowd a peace sign and hung out after the show for like 10 seconds. A record!

Acoustics at these venues is alway hit or miss. It depends on where you sit. Same with volume. Spend the money if this is crucial to you. It's not on them. They do a great job with what they can control. On the floor half way back it was strong and loud, to quote Eulogy.

Would I have liked to hear The Pot or Parabola? Yeah, but Tool has never played long shows. At least not in the last decade! It's fine with me, as they are so intense that I couldn't take 150 minutes - OK, maybe I'd like to try and see. I don't feel like they owe me anything. They are one of the best bands ever, and I'm not going to bitch about a song or two. Ditto the price. They don't charge more than any other rock band at their level of popularity.

All in all, I thought it was a great show. Crowd near me was great. NO idiots. Security was as cool as they could be, given that to some extent their job is to be a dick. I'm seriously considering gassing up and driving to CT!
Old 01-30-2012, 05:21 AM   #48
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 01.28.2012 - Boston, MA @ TD Garden

So much negativity. But first the show: Opening with Hooker is great conceptually, basically telling the OGT fans to fuck off right from the start. From there the show really builds through Ticks (yes!). They were crushing it. I think we need a Hall of Fame just for Danny. Open it, induct him, then declare that no one else qualifies.

Pushit was amazing live. This was my 4th show since 2002 and had never seen it, I don't think. That first Lateralus show scrambled my brain pretty bad so I'm not sure. Pushit is not my fav on disk, but live it was excellent.

The intro to Schism sounded excellent. I definitely think it was a teaser of something that will be on the new record. Adam changed bits and pieces of Stinkfist too.

The guys seemed relaxed and pleased. Lots of looks and occasional smiles. Maynard gave the crowd a peace sign and hung out after the show for like 10 seconds. A record!

Acoustics at these venues is alway hit or miss. It depends on where you sit. Same with volume. Spend the money if this is crucial to you. It's not on them. They do a great job with what they can control. On the floor half way back it was strong and loud, to quote Eulogy.

Would I have liked to hear The Pot or Parabola? Yeah, but Tool has never played long shows. At least not in the last decade! It's fine with me, as they are so intense that I couldn't take 150 minutes - OK, maybe I'd like to try and see. I don't feel like they owe me anything. They are one of the best bands ever, and I'm not going to bitch about a song or two. Ditto the price. They don't charge more than any other rock band at their level of popularity.

All in all, I thought it was a great show. Crowd near me was great. NO idiots. Security was as cool as they could be, given that to some extent their job is to be a dick. I'm seriously considering gassing up and driving to CT!
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote