View Single Post
deathmetalhead767
01-29-2012, 05:35 PM

Saw Tool last night in Boston. They sounded better than when I saw them 2 1/2 years ago in New Hampshire. But that was the venue's fault. The sound last night was perfect. But actually not as loud as normal (103dB at my seat). They were tight but I definitely have complaints about them at this stage of their career. I spent $127 on the night. They didn't even play 2 hours and then they wasted 8 minutes with a monotonous drone. Then they didn't even play a single encore. They only played 10 songs for the whole show. Of what they did play, the song selection at least had 5 of the 10 songs from AEnema. But instead of wasting 8 minutes they could have played something from Undertow or Opiate of which they played nothing.

Plus they wasted 7 minutes with Intension. So for about 15 minutes the show was boring. I mean after that you'd think they would at least play until 11pm and give us a taste of Undertow. At the end of the show, Maynard left the stage immediately while the other 3 came to the front of the stage to applaud the audience and bow. Maynard couldn't be bothered. Its a real shame that a band with as much talent as they have, they have released so few albums in 20 years and even when they play live they overcharge on what they deliver. The best performance I saw of theirs was in '96 at the Capitol Ballroom in DC. They were hungry & pissed off then. I expect more for the money I paid.

I saw Priest and Black Label in Lowell a few weeks back for 1/4 the price and both of those bands kicked way more ass. Priest has been going for 40 years and still treat their fans with the utmost respect for their loyalty.
Old 01-29-2012, 05:35 PM   #44
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 01.28.2012 - Boston, MA @ TD Garden

Saw Tool last night in Boston. They sounded better than when I saw them 2 1/2 years ago in New Hampshire. But that was the venue's fault. The sound last night was perfect. But actually not as loud as normal (103dB at my seat). They were tight but I definitely have complaints about them at this stage of their career. I spent $127 on the night. They didn't even play 2 hours and then they wasted 8 minutes with a monotonous drone. Then they didn't even play a single encore. They only played 10 songs for the whole show. Of what they did play, the song selection at least had 5 of the 10 songs from AEnema. But instead of wasting 8 minutes they could have played something from Undertow or Opiate of which they played nothing.

Plus they wasted 7 minutes with Intension. So for about 15 minutes the show was boring. I mean after that you'd think they would at least play until 11pm and give us a taste of Undertow. At the end of the show, Maynard left the stage immediately while the other 3 came to the front of the stage to applaud the audience and bow. Maynard couldn't be bothered. Its a real shame that a band with as much talent as they have, they have released so few albums in 20 years and even when they play live they overcharge on what they deliver. The best performance I saw of theirs was in '96 at the Capitol Ballroom in DC. They were hungry & pissed off then. I expect more for the money I paid.

I saw Priest and Black Label in Lowell a few weeks back for 1/4 the price and both of those bands kicked way more ass. Priest has been going for 40 years and still treat their fans with the utmost respect for their loyalty.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote