View Single Post
damnfool's Avatar damnfool
01-22-2012, 06:01 PM

I had section 406 seats the first night and was in the 205 section for this show. It was much better for me visually and auditory wise the second night. I got a signed poster the first night after standing in line three different times getting to the front and being told that they hadn't come out yet. The second night I bought a un-signed poster. I took $40 out of an atm walked up to a chick that had one and asked if she'd part with it for an extra $10 so I didn't have to wait in line. Lucky for me she obliged. No one has said anything about Intronaut suprisingly I thought they were pretty good. The openers always seem to be just a little muddy but I think I'll definitely check out their stuff. Tonights show on their final song they brought Justin out and he was wearing some sort of crazy chaps/pants camouflage type things. One guitarist went and joined the drummer on a second set so there was two bassist and two drummers on stage. They just jammed out all together for awhile no lyrics, towards the end Justin just plopped down in front of the drums indian style and was eating something just rocking out. I'm really hoping the new intro for Schism is something were going to see on the next album. I love it the whole sound and feel of it is great. Maynards vocals seemed to get lost every now and then in the mix behind the band but for the most part everything sounded great. Pushit was a definite highlight for me on both nights just sounds amazing. I always think they should close with Lateralus when I hear it end in that awesome build up but Aenima has really grown on me in that spot. When everything slows and hits that spot with "I'm praying for rain..." every one singing with it I close my eyes goosebumps wash over me and I just feel pure bliss. I've seen stinkfist 46&2 Schism all 8 times I've seen Tool and as much as I would love to see other things in their place when you're sitting there watching them live with all the visuals and the crowd just swaying to it you know why they stay part of the set. Can't wait to catch the next shows this was an awesome experience as usual.
08/30/06 Englewood,CO Coors Ampitheater, 05/08/2007 Albuquerque,NM Tingley Coliseum, 11/19/2007 Tulsa,OK Tulsa Convention Center,07/18/09 Denver,CO MileHighMusicFestival, 06/23/10 Oklahoma City,OK Ford Center, 06/28/10 Morrison,CO Red Rocks, 01/20/12 Grand Prairie,TX Verizon Theater, 01/21/12 Grand Prairie, TX Verizon Theater, 01/16/2016 Tulsa, OK BOK Center, 10/26/2016 Denver, CO Pepsi Center, 10/28/2016 Little Rock,AR Verizon Arena, 05/13/2019 St. Louis, MO Enterprise Arena, 05/14/2019 Kansas City, MO Sprint Center, 10/29/2019 BOK Center Tulsa,OK, 01/30/2022 Tulsa, OK BOK Center, 10/03/23 Loveland, CO Budweiser Event Center
Old 01-22-2012, 06:01 PM   #16
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 0
Re: 01.21.2012 - Dallas, TX @ Verizon Arena

I had section 406 seats the first night and was in the 205 section for this show. It was much better for me visually and auditory wise the second night. I got a signed poster the first night after standing in line three different times getting to the front and being told that they hadn't come out yet. The second night I bought a un-signed poster. I took $40 out of an atm walked up to a chick that had one and asked if she'd part with it for an extra $10 so I didn't have to wait in line. Lucky for me she obliged. No one has said anything about Intronaut suprisingly I thought they were pretty good. The openers always seem to be just a little muddy but I think I'll definitely check out their stuff. Tonights show on their final song they brought Justin out and he was wearing some sort of crazy chaps/pants camouflage type things. One guitarist went and joined the drummer on a second set so there was two bassist and two drummers on stage. They just jammed out all together for awhile no lyrics, towards the end Justin just plopped down in front of the drums indian style and was eating something just rocking out. I'm really hoping the new intro for Schism is something were going to see on the next album. I love it the whole sound and feel of it is great. Maynards vocals seemed to get lost every now and then in the mix behind the band but for the most part everything sounded great. Pushit was a definite highlight for me on both nights just sounds amazing. I always think they should close with Lateralus when I hear it end in that awesome build up but Aenima has really grown on me in that spot. When everything slows and hits that spot with "I'm praying for rain..." every one singing with it I close my eyes goosebumps wash over me and I just feel pure bliss. I've seen stinkfist 46&2 Schism all 8 times I've seen Tool and as much as I would love to see other things in their place when you're sitting there watching them live with all the visuals and the crowd just swaying to it you know why they stay part of the set. Can't wait to catch the next shows this was an awesome experience as usual.
08/30/06 Englewood,CO Coors Ampitheater, 05/08/2007 Albuquerque,NM Tingley Coliseum, 11/19/2007 Tulsa,OK Tulsa Convention Center,07/18/09 Denver,CO MileHighMusicFestival, 06/23/10 Oklahoma City,OK Ford Center, 06/28/10 Morrison,CO Red Rocks, 01/20/12 Grand Prairie,TX Verizon Theater, 01/21/12 Grand Prairie, TX Verizon Theater, 01/16/2016 Tulsa, OK BOK Center, 10/26/2016 Denver, CO Pepsi Center, 10/28/2016 Little Rock,AR Verizon Arena, 05/13/2019 St. Louis, MO Enterprise Arena, 05/14/2019 Kansas City, MO Sprint Center, 10/29/2019 BOK Center Tulsa,OK, 01/30/2022 Tulsa, OK BOK Center, 10/03/23 Loveland, CO Budweiser Event Center
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote