View Single Post
Old 08-08-2006, 02:55 PM   #45
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2006/08/05 - San Diego, CA - Street Scene '06

Great band. Ridiculous crowd. I felt like this set was more of a chore for the band. Of course they're great and are always going to deliver. But judging from the setlist, Maynard's comments and basically the fact that nothing has changed (Some thought this would be the beginning of the new tour. You know, take off that fuckin cowboy hat, play something off undertow besides Sober...) it seemed like they were ready to get it over with. The sound was huge and on point. Lateralus particularly sounded good to me. They are my favorite band, I enjoyed the show. But this was not a TOOL show. Jesus Fucking Christ, how can you mosh during an ambient interlude??! It was as if any loud sound triggered a weird reflex in these jocks, telling them that it was time rub themselves up against yet MORE sweaty dudes. I mean it was a sad sight. And to actually be a part of that sad sight... Let's just say that was my first and last Street Scence. And let's hope that the person in critical condition pulls through.
OFFLINE |