View Single Post
Old 07-09-2006, 03:08 PM   #16
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2006/07/07 - Gothenburg, SWE - Metal Town Festival

First Tool concert for me, although I've been a fan for I don't know how long. Since setlist and quotes have already been posted, I'll just say what I thought about it.

Sound: Pretty good, but I've heard better. As someone mentioned above, the bass drums were way too loud and it was hard to hear anything else when Danny was going for some double-bass drumming.
And the music from the floating restaurant on the other side of the river could be heard between songs. Not really a problem, but the music sucked so I though I should mention it. :)

Crowd: Pretty good, considering the fact that it was a festival crowd of which many people had been banging away to Ace of Spades and Overkill ten minutes earlier.
I just don't understand all these people who just HAVE to work their way to the front, pushing and shoving, and then work their way back again about five minutes later. They are very annoying.

Band: Tool = awesome. I didn't think Maynard would talk as much as he actually did, but he seemed to be in a good mood with all the jokes (after they had improvised for a long time while the drums were being repaired: "This is what we call a show-stopper...") and he actually praised the crowd ("Fan-fucking-tastic"). Also, the lightshow and the movie in the background was beautiful.

Setlist: Well, I almost got all the songs I wanted to hear. I was really surprised (and more than just a little happy) that they played Opiate, which is probably my favourite Tool-song.

All-in-all it was an awesome experience.