View Single Post
FrankBlack007
06-30-2007, 03:40 PM

The following is a submitted review from a friend of mine who couldn't register on this site:

Setlist:
Jambi
Stinkfist
46&2
Schism (extended bridge)
Lost Keys / Rosetta Stoned
Intension / Right in Two
Wings for Marie / 10,000 Days
Lateralus (w/dual drummer jam)
Vicarious

Tool is currently my favorite band and I've been twitching to see this show since I bought the tickets over a month ago. I've spent a lot of time lately listening and enjoying their music. They're a tight band with an overabundance of art to share with their fans. Their show was exactly what I expected: a tight, well-polished band with a fabulous light show. It was a sincere performance in the truest sense.

The only detractor to this show was the absence of "The Pot". I just cannot understand why that particular song would be missing from any date on this tour. "46&2", "Schism", "Stinkfist", "Jambi", "Lateralus", and "Vicarious" seem to have been played every night on this tour and "The Pot" should be added to that list of must-plays. I also think "Ænema" should be thrown into that category, but on this tour "The Pot" is a song a majority of the audience wants to hear and it doesn't make sense not to play it.

The show's first four songs flowed well and the extended bridge in "Schism" just added to the greatness of the song. When "Schism" was over, I thought to myself "this is just unreal". However, the "Lost Keys / Rosetta Stoned, Intension / Right in Two, Wings for Marie / 10,000 Days" section of the show dragged. All of the aforementioned songs are brilliant, but lumped together deflated the tempo and meter of a well-paced show. "The Pot" added in between would have been the perfect song to fire the crowd back up.

Ending the show with "Lateralus" and "Vicarous" did bring the audience back to life. However, I've never seen a show where the band did absolutely no encore; it felt kind of weird and abrupt. Everyone just looked around with a "is that it?" look on their face…then the house lights came on. Suggestion: come back out and play a song like "Ænema" or "Pushit". It shows appreciation and would give the audience a certain sense of satisfaction after spending $65 on a ticket.

All in all, this was one of the best hard/alt. metal/prog rock (however you want to "classify" them) shows I've ever seen. The band was unbelievably tight and on their game. The sound and light show were top-notch. This show reminded me of Sabbath meets Floyd with the musicianship of Rush. Maynard interacted well with the audience and Danny's drumming was mind-blowing.

**the above is a submitted review from a friend of mine.

Last edited by FrankBlack007; 06-30-2007 at 03:43 PM..
Old 06-30-2007, 03:40 PM   #7
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2007/07/01 - Cincinnati, OH - US Bank Arena

The following is a submitted review from a friend of mine who couldn't register on this site:

Setlist:
Jambi
Stinkfist
46&2
Schism (extended bridge)
Lost Keys / Rosetta Stoned
Intension / Right in Two
Wings for Marie / 10,000 Days
Lateralus (w/dual drummer jam)
Vicarious

Tool is currently my favorite band and I've been twitching to see this show since I bought the tickets over a month ago. I've spent a lot of time lately listening and enjoying their music. They're a tight band with an overabundance of art to share with their fans. Their show was exactly what I expected: a tight, well-polished band with a fabulous light show. It was a sincere performance in the truest sense.

The only detractor to this show was the absence of "The Pot". I just cannot understand why that particular song would be missing from any date on this tour. "46&2", "Schism", "Stinkfist", "Jambi", "Lateralus", and "Vicarious" seem to have been played every night on this tour and "The Pot" should be added to that list of must-plays. I also think "Ænema" should be thrown into that category, but on this tour "The Pot" is a song a majority of the audience wants to hear and it doesn't make sense not to play it.

The show's first four songs flowed well and the extended bridge in "Schism" just added to the greatness of the song. When "Schism" was over, I thought to myself "this is just unreal". However, the "Lost Keys / Rosetta Stoned, Intension / Right in Two, Wings for Marie / 10,000 Days" section of the show dragged. All of the aforementioned songs are brilliant, but lumped together deflated the tempo and meter of a well-paced show. "The Pot" added in between would have been the perfect song to fire the crowd back up.

Ending the show with "Lateralus" and "Vicarous" did bring the audience back to life. However, I've never seen a show where the band did absolutely no encore; it felt kind of weird and abrupt. Everyone just looked around with a "is that it?" look on their face…then the house lights came on. Suggestion: come back out and play a song like "Ænema" or "Pushit". It shows appreciation and would give the audience a certain sense of satisfaction after spending $65 on a ticket.

All in all, this was one of the best hard/alt. metal/prog rock (however you want to "classify" them) shows I've ever seen. The band was unbelievably tight and on their game. The sound and light show were top-notch. This show reminded me of Sabbath meets Floyd with the musicianship of Rush. Maynard interacted well with the audience and Danny's drumming was mind-blowing.

**the above is a submitted review from a friend of mine.

Last edited by FrankBlack007; 06-30-2007 at 03:43 PM..
OFFLINE |