View Single Post
Choice Breath's Avatar Choice Breath
06-26-2006, 03:17 PM

The most creative, in terms of all Tools songs to date, is The Pot in my opinion. It just seems like the most creative in terms of not sounding like anything Tool's done before, especially as to Maynard and Justin. Rosetta Stoned is the best in terms of a song that is well within Tool's stylistic realm pre-10,000 Days. It really could have easily been on Lateralus. Intension probably was the other song that was once one song with Reflection and Disposition. So, as awesome as it is, it just doesn't strike me as "creative" in the sense of not being like songs on albums before this one. Nonetheless, extremely creative. Jambi is also up there for not sounding like anything before it.

Man, the more I think about it, the less I can really decide. I'll just leave it at this: 10,000 Days is the most creative album to be released, in the whole world, since Lateralus. Of this I'm sure.
Old 06-26-2006, 03:17 PM   #16
Prana

Bincount™: 8
Re: Most creative TOOL song on 10K Days?

The most creative, in terms of all Tools songs to date, is The Pot in my opinion. It just seems like the most creative in terms of not sounding like anything Tool's done before, especially as to Maynard and Justin. Rosetta Stoned is the best in terms of a song that is well within Tool's stylistic realm pre-10,000 Days. It really could have easily been on Lateralus. Intension probably was the other song that was once one song with Reflection and Disposition. So, as awesome as it is, it just doesn't strike me as "creative" in the sense of not being like songs on albums before this one. Nonetheless, extremely creative. Jambi is also up there for not sounding like anything before it.

Man, the more I think about it, the less I can really decide. I'll just leave it at this: 10,000 Days is the most creative album to be released, in the whole world, since Lateralus. Of this I'm sure.