View Single Post
mjr
06-19-2006, 11:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by McRoggles
You may not agree with religion. But not tolerating them is wrong and makes you just as worse as a extreme religious fundementalist.
Give me a good reason to tolerate people being ignorant and believing in false things? Why should I? Its their right to? Of course they can believe it and I can't do anything about it. But I have every good reason to dislike them and look down upon them. They are wrong.

Such heavy respect is paid to the ridiculousness that is religion in today's society that it really upsets me. It upsets me even more than Maynard would become christian or even believe in any God at all that we should look up to. That would contradict a whole lot.

Just like imagery in Wings (and literalness because of his mother and her beliefs), the Aenima line with "pray" in it doesn't have anything to do with praying to a deity. It is more along the lines of verbs such as hope and wish in the context that it is in.
Old 06-19-2006, 11:43 PM   #39
mjr
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 0
Re: If it is "lift an eye to heaven"

Quote:
Originally Posted by McRoggles
You may not agree with religion. But not tolerating them is wrong and makes you just as worse as a extreme religious fundementalist.
Give me a good reason to tolerate people being ignorant and believing in false things? Why should I? Its their right to? Of course they can believe it and I can't do anything about it. But I have every good reason to dislike them and look down upon them. They are wrong.

Such heavy respect is paid to the ridiculousness that is religion in today's society that it really upsets me. It upsets me even more than Maynard would become christian or even believe in any God at all that we should look up to. That would contradict a whole lot.

Just like imagery in Wings (and literalness because of his mother and her beliefs), the Aenima line with "pray" in it doesn't have anything to do with praying to a deity. It is more along the lines of verbs such as hope and wish in the context that it is in.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote