View Single Post
davepeele
02-05-2012, 12:59 PM

After reading the forums the past few weeks, I was expecting to be let down with a half-hearted show being mailed in. With this being my 7th show since '98, I was really surprised by the show I got last night! I could detect nothing half-hearted from anyone, especially Maynard, and no rifts between the band. Maynard was the most "up-front without being up-front" that I have seen in a long time! He was very into the show and interactive with the crowd IMO. I thought his voice sounded strong! He hit and held alot of parts that I thought he would skip.

Danny is a beast! Simple amazing! Adam was nearly perfect as always. Justin really puts his all into it! He rocks out the whole time and seems to enjoy the opportunity to play as much as anyone!

Highlight of the night for me was Pushit! My favorite song that I have not heard since my first show in '98 at Ozzfest. Loved the slight additional touches during the chorus' by Adam and Maynard sang the last line, which I have been reading that he has skipped at all the other shows! Great song!

New jam before Schism was badass! Jambi and Lateralus were awesome and flawless! And opening with Hooker made me giggle a bit! ;-)

Last of all, I have to give props to the crowd! No normal NC redneck shit to deal with last night! The crowd was very mellow and in good spirits! Everyone really gave their all in the show and I think the band really appreciated that last night! I think that is the reason we got such a great performance! Maybe Maynard just loves NC! ;-)

Left looking forward to seeing them again. Hope they come around soon to promote the next album. They still got it!
Old 02-05-2012, 12:59 PM   #15
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 02.04.2012 - Charlotte, NC @ Bojangles Chicken

After reading the forums the past few weeks, I was expecting to be let down with a half-hearted show being mailed in. With this being my 7th show since '98, I was really surprised by the show I got last night! I could detect nothing half-hearted from anyone, especially Maynard, and no rifts between the band. Maynard was the most "up-front without being up-front" that I have seen in a long time! He was very into the show and interactive with the crowd IMO. I thought his voice sounded strong! He hit and held alot of parts that I thought he would skip.

Danny is a beast! Simple amazing! Adam was nearly perfect as always. Justin really puts his all into it! He rocks out the whole time and seems to enjoy the opportunity to play as much as anyone!

Highlight of the night for me was Pushit! My favorite song that I have not heard since my first show in '98 at Ozzfest. Loved the slight additional touches during the chorus' by Adam and Maynard sang the last line, which I have been reading that he has skipped at all the other shows! Great song!

New jam before Schism was badass! Jambi and Lateralus were awesome and flawless! And opening with Hooker made me giggle a bit! ;-)

Last of all, I have to give props to the crowd! No normal NC redneck shit to deal with last night! The crowd was very mellow and in good spirits! Everyone really gave their all in the show and I think the band really appreciated that last night! I think that is the reason we got such a great performance! Maybe Maynard just loves NC! ;-)

Left looking forward to seeing them again. Hope they come around soon to promote the next album. They still got it!
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote