View Single Post
Old 06-04-2010, 10:50 PM   #13
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 35
Re: message to the band

It feels great to see somebody become 'sucked in' by Tool's magic :)
It seems it always takes some time for the listener to 'click' and open up for the huge message. You can listen to Tool like it was some crazy random stuff you don't really care about, then - Wow, there's SO MUCH behind.
I love SlamminSalmon's "Nobody here listens to tool". Seems we are in a very long awaiting phase, and noone could make four years with 10,000 Days on repeat :) But Tool surely can as well introduce to many awesome bands, allow you to discover what you've missed in music somewhere.
..And the albums won't get you bored. The songs are so rich in their structure, you will never know them from beginning to the end. Yesterday I was listening to The Grudge's final part (opening track from Lateralus) maybe 300th, maybe 500th time, idk, to finally write down the notes and really know every single drum hit Danny makes there.
Now I'll order myself a T-shirt with Lateralus Eye in the background and with the note score for The Grudge's outro solo :)
Wonder how much time will it take for You to 'take in' all they've done, incl. side projects. That time is golden.

EDIT: Speaking about community, where is Inner Eulogy? This thread needs some little evil ;D

Last edited by Michał; 06-04-2010 at 10:52 PM.. Reason: Asking about IE
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote