View Single Post
niko
09-08-2007, 07:39 AM

1st time on Tool

Unique experience!!
I was so excieted and had a GREAT time!

I now totally understand why some people become obsessed with collecting live bootlegs on internet and saving money for a trip to see Tool live anywhere again. :P

I was in parter. The band was close.

First off organizers. They should of let ppl in at least a half an hour earlier then they did.
And play some music until everyone is in.
I've entered on half of Jambi.
People were killing, pushing, each other on exit, and while entering when the band started playing. The cops and security than stopped with searching ppl and were checking only tickets.
Too bad that a lot of ppl entered with cigarets. I totaly support the band's idea about forbidden smoking.

The show. Was mad. Perfectly played, the visuals were great.
I noticed that the lasers didn't work most of the time. They've started working after the band's timeout.
I think that the hour and a half of the show is just enough, perfect. My legs would fall apart if it was longer. It seems that other people were expecting a few more songs, but.. damn, they really don't understand how a band functions. : )

Too loud. It seemed to me that it was the same loudspeaker system that they've used for Chemical Brothers. It wasn't enough for Belgrade Hall but it was too loud for Pioneer Hall. Maybe i'm mistaken, maybe it's Tool's equipment.
My ears are still ringing and it's been 3 days. I was afraid of getting titinus.
I think they should of used half of the speakers behind the crowd with a bit less volume.
( that way you would have sound everywhere, it would fill the hall but there would be a lot more feedback in the sound and a lot less delay for ppl at the back )
The same mistake was with Chemical Brothers.

The band.
Great, fantastic.
Danny and Justin sounded like thounder or like a machinegun arsenal. :) Danny is just crazy! Love Justin's bass on the new songs!
Adam added a lot on the rhythm and singing. He had the guitar's tuning off for 2 min.s on one song. Actualy i'm not sure, it might of been a Whammy pedals failure because he sounded off tune when he used it.
Those Whammy pedals can get stuck sometimes so they need to be reset and retuned in a special mode. Love when Adam uses palm muting on verses and plays without it on refrain or the main theme.
Maynard. Singing was WOW!
I must say that this is 1001 time that i have a complain on a band's communication with the people. Everyone expected a few more sentences. I don't know how people are in other countries but here they expect a band to be closer with them.
People also expected a bit more moving from Maynard.
I'd say it's okey i can understand that that is their milionth show and that they are on tour for a year and a half.
Ouh, i've almost forgot about Maynard's sound samples with cheering. hahaha
That's a great idea!!
I guess that Maynard isn't a frontman, although he's the one using a mic. Just getting to know the band, although i'm a long time fan.
At one point Justin was drinking beer, Danny seemed excited to be free for a moment and went with a mad solo. : D

I think that they were really professional and did the show perfectly.
I have never seen a better one. The Chemical Brothers were visually really good, almost as Tool but Tool just gives the best show ever! ;)
Just TOO MUCH ENERGY everywhere!
You can't be there and not feeling anything.

Also, i've noticed that the band has a great setup. Each member has his own seperate area with a lot of space. Basically cubicles with a video beam at the back. :) Video beam setup is great and it allows a lot of freedom. You can experiment a lot with it and use moving objects across all beams or use it for rhythm. ( color them in red and white and change colors like with a stroboscope like on NIN's show )

JAMBI is the most interesting song for me right now.
When i entered the hall it all seemed to me as if they were playing in a small club, having a practise. And then i got closer.. :D I was just happy to have a chance and hear them live.
All thanks to the band for the show!

I can't wait to hear them again here as soon as possible!!
I hope that next time they do their own gig as they did now because we can get best of them.
( festival gigs suck for the public and this bend would be crippled by a festival equipment setup )

Last edited by niko; 09-08-2007 at 10:04 AM..
Old 09-08-2007, 07:39 AM   #12
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2007/09/05 - Belgrade, Serbia - Pionir Hall

1st time on Tool

Unique experience!!
I was so excieted and had a GREAT time!

I now totally understand why some people become obsessed with collecting live bootlegs on internet and saving money for a trip to see Tool live anywhere again. :P

I was in parter. The band was close.

First off organizers. They should of let ppl in at least a half an hour earlier then they did.
And play some music until everyone is in.
I've entered on half of Jambi.
People were killing, pushing, each other on exit, and while entering when the band started playing. The cops and security than stopped with searching ppl and were checking only tickets.
Too bad that a lot of ppl entered with cigarets. I totaly support the band's idea about forbidden smoking.

The show. Was mad. Perfectly played, the visuals were great.
I noticed that the lasers didn't work most of the time. They've started working after the band's timeout.
I think that the hour and a half of the show is just enough, perfect. My legs would fall apart if it was longer. It seems that other people were expecting a few more songs, but.. damn, they really don't understand how a band functions. : )

Too loud. It seemed to me that it was the same loudspeaker system that they've used for Chemical Brothers. It wasn't enough for Belgrade Hall but it was too loud for Pioneer Hall. Maybe i'm mistaken, maybe it's Tool's equipment.
My ears are still ringing and it's been 3 days. I was afraid of getting titinus.
I think they should of used half of the speakers behind the crowd with a bit less volume.
( that way you would have sound everywhere, it would fill the hall but there would be a lot more feedback in the sound and a lot less delay for ppl at the back )
The same mistake was with Chemical Brothers.

The band.
Great, fantastic.
Danny and Justin sounded like thounder or like a machinegun arsenal. :) Danny is just crazy! Love Justin's bass on the new songs!
Adam added a lot on the rhythm and singing. He had the guitar's tuning off for 2 min.s on one song. Actualy i'm not sure, it might of been a Whammy pedals failure because he sounded off tune when he used it.
Those Whammy pedals can get stuck sometimes so they need to be reset and retuned in a special mode. Love when Adam uses palm muting on verses and plays without it on refrain or the main theme.
Maynard. Singing was WOW!
I must say that this is 1001 time that i have a complain on a band's communication with the people. Everyone expected a few more sentences. I don't know how people are in other countries but here they expect a band to be closer with them.
People also expected a bit more moving from Maynard.
I'd say it's okey i can understand that that is their milionth show and that they are on tour for a year and a half.
Ouh, i've almost forgot about Maynard's sound samples with cheering. hahaha
That's a great idea!!
I guess that Maynard isn't a frontman, although he's the one using a mic. Just getting to know the band, although i'm a long time fan.
At one point Justin was drinking beer, Danny seemed excited to be free for a moment and went with a mad solo. : D

I think that they were really professional and did the show perfectly.
I have never seen a better one. The Chemical Brothers were visually really good, almost as Tool but Tool just gives the best show ever! ;)
Just TOO MUCH ENERGY everywhere!
You can't be there and not feeling anything.

Also, i've noticed that the band has a great setup. Each member has his own seperate area with a lot of space. Basically cubicles with a video beam at the back. :) Video beam setup is great and it allows a lot of freedom. You can experiment a lot with it and use moving objects across all beams or use it for rhythm. ( color them in red and white and change colors like with a stroboscope like on NIN's show )

JAMBI is the most interesting song for me right now.
When i entered the hall it all seemed to me as if they were playing in a small club, having a practise. And then i got closer.. :D I was just happy to have a chance and hear them live.
All thanks to the band for the show!

I can't wait to hear them again here as soon as possible!!
I hope that next time they do their own gig as they did now because we can get best of them.
( festival gigs suck for the public and this bend would be crippled by a festival equipment setup )

Last edited by niko; 09-08-2007 at 10:04 AM..
OFFLINE |