View Single Post
Back's Avatar Back
08-28-2007, 11:47 AM

Hi everybody,
I'm new in that forum and also relatively new in listening to Tool.
I don't post the setlit 'cause three persons already posted it but what I wanted to say is that I also thpught that the sound was good and so was the energy or anything but I couldn't here Maynard's voice very well and that's a shame.
I was a little bit disappointed by the setlist tough I heard it was the one they played on every festival gig but it was really sad not hearing Wings for Marie live...
I loved the Schism version they played that night, Schism which is obviously my favorite song: I'm even working on a jazz cover of that song. I also think about arranging Vicarious or maybe Rihgt in two for a double-bass quartet.
In fact here's the point: I love Tool but I'm also a jazz bassist, I don't know if anyone on that forum feel the way I do, we could exchange our points of view on jazzying Tool songs...
Old 08-28-2007, 11:47 AM   #4
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2007/08/25 - Paris, France - Rock en Seine Festival

Hi everybody,
I'm new in that forum and also relatively new in listening to Tool.
I don't post the setlit 'cause three persons already posted it but what I wanted to say is that I also thpught that the sound was good and so was the energy or anything but I couldn't here Maynard's voice very well and that's a shame.
I was a little bit disappointed by the setlist tough I heard it was the one they played on every festival gig but it was really sad not hearing Wings for Marie live...
I loved the Schism version they played that night, Schism which is obviously my favorite song: I'm even working on a jazz cover of that song. I also think about arranging Vicarious or maybe Rihgt in two for a double-bass quartet.
In fact here's the point: I love Tool but I'm also a jazz bassist, I don't know if anyone on that forum feel the way I do, we could exchange our points of view on jazzying Tool songs...
OFFLINE |