View Single Post
me01jh
08-22-2007, 03:44 PM

This was the fourth time I have seen Tool and by far the most disappointing!

I'm afraid Tool suffered from what I call "small venue syndrome". This is what happens when the sound engineers decide to turn everything up to full volume and drown out the singing. From where I was (to the right of the mixing desk) you could hardly hear Maynard and when you have a voice as subtle and beautiful as Maynards it needs to be heard! I've experienced this so many times its extremely frustrating because as a result the ordiance lose interest and start to chat or worse still, go back and forth to the bar creating even more distraction as they try to squeeze past.

As a performance it seemed good and the visuals were spot on, I just wish the most important thing, the sound, was done to perfection as most other things done by Tool are.
Old 08-22-2007, 03:44 PM   #35
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2007/08/21 - London, UK - Brixton Academy

This was the fourth time I have seen Tool and by far the most disappointing!

I'm afraid Tool suffered from what I call "small venue syndrome". This is what happens when the sound engineers decide to turn everything up to full volume and drown out the singing. From where I was (to the right of the mixing desk) you could hardly hear Maynard and when you have a voice as subtle and beautiful as Maynards it needs to be heard! I've experienced this so many times its extremely frustrating because as a result the ordiance lose interest and start to chat or worse still, go back and forth to the bar creating even more distraction as they try to squeeze past.

As a performance it seemed good and the visuals were spot on, I just wish the most important thing, the sound, was done to perfection as most other things done by Tool are.
OFFLINE |