View Single Post
holotrope's Avatar holotrope
08-21-2007, 03:29 PM

Awesome show. Was really glad they brought the stadium lighting rig, not so glad about the stadium volume levels, cos Maynard was drowned out a bit, and the sound was pristine at Wembley, so I guess I was expecting a bit more clarity.

Otherwise absolutely nothing to complain about. The band seemed to be having a lot of fun, they seemed less mechanical than the other times I've seen them, and Adam especially seemed to be improvising a good bit, which was nice to hear. They really brought out a lot of the dynamics of the starts and stops by making the come-ins just that little bit sluggish, which I really loved. The lighting, as usual, was perfectly timed and really pulled me into the show.

Flood was totally epic. I never thought I'd hear that one live. Lateralus blew my mind. I could barely hear that other guy doing anything, but Danny was ripping it up during the drum break. He seemed extra energetic tonight.

Like everyone, I wouldn't have minded a change in the ol' setlist, but I honestly can't complain.

Another fine show, I really hope it's not five years till they come back.
Help people, you lazy bum
Old 08-21-2007, 03:29 PM   #5
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 21
Re: 2007/08/21 - London, UK - Brixton Academy

Awesome show. Was really glad they brought the stadium lighting rig, not so glad about the stadium volume levels, cos Maynard was drowned out a bit, and the sound was pristine at Wembley, so I guess I was expecting a bit more clarity.

Otherwise absolutely nothing to complain about. The band seemed to be having a lot of fun, they seemed less mechanical than the other times I've seen them, and Adam especially seemed to be improvising a good bit, which was nice to hear. They really brought out a lot of the dynamics of the starts and stops by making the come-ins just that little bit sluggish, which I really loved. The lighting, as usual, was perfectly timed and really pulled me into the show.

Flood was totally epic. I never thought I'd hear that one live. Lateralus blew my mind. I could barely hear that other guy doing anything, but Danny was ripping it up during the drum break. He seemed extra energetic tonight.

Like everyone, I wouldn't have minded a change in the ol' setlist, but I honestly can't complain.

Another fine show, I really hope it's not five years till they come back.
Help people, you lazy bum
OFFLINE |