View Single Post
RalphyS
08-21-2007, 02:02 AM

Well it wasn't that bad, the worst Tool-show is most of the times better than many other concerts and it was not really a bad show.

It was my 4th concert of the 10,000 days tour (6th overall), but the first one in 2007.

I do have to say it was the first time that Jambi didn't make me think, wow, this is a really great song, it didn't have the energy of the other performances.

This show was a great show for those who like the progressive part of Tool's music, it was more about the instruments that about Maynard's voice, although I didn't actually realise at the concert himself that he had throat-problems, I read about that later when he cancelled some shows.

I did hope for a longer setlist, especially since Chris Cornell didn't perform, but this seems to be the new setlist for the moment. They could have played longer, I think the other headliners on other days played longer and they started later.

Nine Inch Nails sucked btw, The Killers were great.

My favourite part was Flood with the drumsolos of Danny, very intense. I think it was my Flood-debut. Lateralus was great too, although it isn't my favourite song.

To be honest, for me they could do without Stinkfist, 46 & 2 and Schism in their setlist, not that the songs were performed badly or that they aren't good songs, but I would like to hear them perform other songs.

Next to Jambi and Vicarious as a closer (the second highlight for me) they only played Rosetta Stoned from their latest album, which isn't my favourite either. I was lucky enough to see Wings/10000 days earlier, but I would have preferred The pot or Right in two also.

I must admit I was busy taking a lot of pictures during the show (on earlier occassions indoors, cameras weren't allowed), but still the show was way above average (at least in general music terms, but I do know Tool can be much better).
Old 08-21-2007, 02:02 AM   #7
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2007/08/13 - Budapest, Hungary - Sziget Festival

Well it wasn't that bad, the worst Tool-show is most of the times better than many other concerts and it was not really a bad show.

It was my 4th concert of the 10,000 days tour (6th overall), but the first one in 2007.

I do have to say it was the first time that Jambi didn't make me think, wow, this is a really great song, it didn't have the energy of the other performances.

This show was a great show for those who like the progressive part of Tool's music, it was more about the instruments that about Maynard's voice, although I didn't actually realise at the concert himself that he had throat-problems, I read about that later when he cancelled some shows.

I did hope for a longer setlist, especially since Chris Cornell didn't perform, but this seems to be the new setlist for the moment. They could have played longer, I think the other headliners on other days played longer and they started later.

Nine Inch Nails sucked btw, The Killers were great.

My favourite part was Flood with the drumsolos of Danny, very intense. I think it was my Flood-debut. Lateralus was great too, although it isn't my favourite song.

To be honest, for me they could do without Stinkfist, 46 & 2 and Schism in their setlist, not that the songs were performed badly or that they aren't good songs, but I would like to hear them perform other songs.

Next to Jambi and Vicarious as a closer (the second highlight for me) they only played Rosetta Stoned from their latest album, which isn't my favourite either. I was lucky enough to see Wings/10000 days earlier, but I would have preferred The pot or Right in two also.

I must admit I was busy taking a lot of pictures during the show (on earlier occassions indoors, cameras weren't allowed), but still the show was way above average (at least in general music terms, but I do know Tool can be much better).