View Single Post
SirGrotius
07-19-2007, 06:19 PM

3rd Tool show -- again, loved the outdoor venue experience. I was in Section 401, row P, and had an amazing view of Maynard. I had a lot of trepidation about my seats being too far away prior, but the visuals and sound were spot on. I'm shocked how good they sounded, particularly, Maynard and the Justin. The bass was booming.

The traffic getting to this place is insane. It took me about an hour to just park after arriving less than a mile away from the arena. I don't understand how they could set up something so foolishly.

The lack of bathrooms should also be pointed out as completely unacceptable. The beer-drinking crowd was ghastly, but I give them props for at least getting slammed to good music.

I brought my wife for her first Tool concert. She's not a hard rock fan, but has a liking for Maynard (how could you not?), and was blown away. We walked in during Jambi, which, by the way, is a great opener, and she was just awestruck at the visuals, the sound, and basically how Maynard dances. He was very active gyrating and leaning to and fro. The Wings portion of the show when the lasers came on was stunning, and Lateralus, I agree, was a highlight. I don't think I'll be able to see them in a smaller venue now that I've been so spoiled by their visual effects. The visual art adds another level to the aural.

As always, I'm left with some trepidation that this will be their last tour or at least they won't come out with another album for four or five years by which time I wonder if they'll still have the same energy or will Maynard still dress as cool. :)
Old 07-19-2007, 06:19 PM   #40
Level 2 - Poster

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2007/07/18 - Holmdel, NJ - PNC Arts Center

3rd Tool show -- again, loved the outdoor venue experience. I was in Section 401, row P, and had an amazing view of Maynard. I had a lot of trepidation about my seats being too far away prior, but the visuals and sound were spot on. I'm shocked how good they sounded, particularly, Maynard and the Justin. The bass was booming.

The traffic getting to this place is insane. It took me about an hour to just park after arriving less than a mile away from the arena. I don't understand how they could set up something so foolishly.

The lack of bathrooms should also be pointed out as completely unacceptable. The beer-drinking crowd was ghastly, but I give them props for at least getting slammed to good music.

I brought my wife for her first Tool concert. She's not a hard rock fan, but has a liking for Maynard (how could you not?), and was blown away. We walked in during Jambi, which, by the way, is a great opener, and she was just awestruck at the visuals, the sound, and basically how Maynard dances. He was very active gyrating and leaning to and fro. The Wings portion of the show when the lasers came on was stunning, and Lateralus, I agree, was a highlight. I don't think I'll be able to see them in a smaller venue now that I've been so spoiled by their visual effects. The visual art adds another level to the aural.

As always, I'm left with some trepidation that this will be their last tour or at least they won't come out with another album for four or five years by which time I wonder if they'll still have the same energy or will Maynard still dress as cool. :)
OFFLINE |