View Single Post
cirkus's Avatar cirkus
07-18-2007, 10:09 PM

Got Floor tickets row 20, thanks to the TA presale. Great show.

Big Business was decent. Very bad EQ and/or way too loud. Last day of the tour prank: packing peanuts (?) blown via fans onto the band while playing. Probably Adam and Justin in costume doing the pranking.

http://i10.tinypic.com/52nv11z.jpg

Maynard had fake mutton chops at the start and some sort of forearm armor (?). Adam had a drawn on beard (?) and the usual braids.

Snuck down to row 8 for Jambi and a part of Stinkfist (empty seats). Went back to my seat when the late people arrived.
Maynard said something during (-) Ions but I missed it.
Adam walked over to the others and they talked before both Forty Six & 2 and Schism (they skipped The Pot).
They added in Lost Keys.
The Vicarious Jam sounded really good. Justin teased us with the bassline to H. but then they went into the Flood intro. It was great nonetheless.

Lateralus had the extended drum break w/ toilet paper, but this time all 3 Big Business members took stage with sombreros on. Maynard was reading a book during the end of the drum-off, haha. Cody played all the way through to the end of Lateralus. Some people behind stage were dancing and casting shadows through to the projecting screens.
Maynard told the stage hands to "clean that shit up", then went on to thank Big Business and gave a suggestion to put on our clothes before we leave. Its not a good idea to drive naked...and drunk.
Kinda disappointed there wasnt an encore (i.e. Aenema) for the last US date. And it was even raining.

Setlist picture:
http://i19.tinypic.com/67qdz7n.jpg

Pretty amazing overall. Better than the Atlantic City show in my opinion.

EDIT: Forgot to mention, the soundcheck had a few measures of You Lied (with Adam fumbling around trying to figure out the lead part at one point), and pretty much all of Jambi and Stinkfist (not extended).

Oh and Jambi started out with drums instead of Adam's riff when they came on stage.
Atlanta, GA - 7/27/09 | Fairfax, VA - 7/30/09
All Points West, NJ - 8/01/09
Kansas City, MO - 6/25/10 | St. Louis, MO - 6/26/10
Sacramento, CA - 7/13/10

Last edited by cirkus; 07-19-2007 at 07:43 AM..
Old 07-18-2007, 10:09 PM   #5
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 12
Re: 2007/07/18 - Holmdel, NJ - PNC Arts Center

Got Floor tickets row 20, thanks to the TA presale. Great show.

Big Business was decent. Very bad EQ and/or way too loud. Last day of the tour prank: packing peanuts (?) blown via fans onto the band while playing. Probably Adam and Justin in costume doing the pranking.

http://i10.tinypic.com/52nv11z.jpg

Maynard had fake mutton chops at the start and some sort of forearm armor (?). Adam had a drawn on beard (?) and the usual braids.

Snuck down to row 8 for Jambi and a part of Stinkfist (empty seats). Went back to my seat when the late people arrived.
Maynard said something during (-) Ions but I missed it.
Adam walked over to the others and they talked before both Forty Six & 2 and Schism (they skipped The Pot).
They added in Lost Keys.
The Vicarious Jam sounded really good. Justin teased us with the bassline to H. but then they went into the Flood intro. It was great nonetheless.

Lateralus had the extended drum break w/ toilet paper, but this time all 3 Big Business members took stage with sombreros on. Maynard was reading a book during the end of the drum-off, haha. Cody played all the way through to the end of Lateralus. Some people behind stage were dancing and casting shadows through to the projecting screens.
Maynard told the stage hands to "clean that shit up", then went on to thank Big Business and gave a suggestion to put on our clothes before we leave. Its not a good idea to drive naked...and drunk.
Kinda disappointed there wasnt an encore (i.e. Aenema) for the last US date. And it was even raining.

Setlist picture:
http://i19.tinypic.com/67qdz7n.jpg

Pretty amazing overall. Better than the Atlantic City show in my opinion.

EDIT: Forgot to mention, the soundcheck had a few measures of You Lied (with Adam fumbling around trying to figure out the lead part at one point), and pretty much all of Jambi and Stinkfist (not extended).

Oh and Jambi started out with drums instead of Adam's riff when they came on stage.
Atlanta, GA - 7/27/09 | Fairfax, VA - 7/30/09
All Points West, NJ - 8/01/09
Kansas City, MO - 6/25/10 | St. Louis, MO - 6/26/10
Sacramento, CA - 7/13/10

Last edited by cirkus; 07-19-2007 at 07:43 AM..
OFFLINE |