View Single Post
Monty
07-18-2007, 11:40 AM

This was my 3rd time seeing TOOL in about a 9 month period. I'm from Pittsburgh, PA, which is where I saw my first TOOL show. It was all over for me after seeing them live in Pittsburgh. They are the most amazing fucking live band ever. The energy they put out is incredible. We saw them a few weeks back in Youngstown, Ohio. I was blitzed out of my fucking mind both in Pgh and in Youngstown but still was able to remember the insanity that I witnessed. This time, I saw it sober, which was a bit odd, lol. But they were great. They played pretty much the same set as they did in Ohio but left out "The Pot". Why?? Why would they do that?? LOL.

Jambi is a great opener. It's devastating. It sets the mood for the rest of the show.

Stinkfist is always a sledgehammer live. (They opened with this in Pittsburgh. It took my virginity). Kicks ass in every way possible.

46 & 2. Another staple. Always fucking great.

Schism. Sucks being a chick b/c I had to piss during this song. I love schism.

Lost Keys and Rosetta Stoned. Don't get me wrong, I love these two but I was really really holding out for "Pushit" or "Aenema" which I heard they'd been throwing in here and there recently. I would have shit myself if I had heard the beginning of Pushit. I'm not even kidding.

FLOOD was unfuckingbelievable live. I was too drunk at the Ohio show to really remember that insane display of musicianship. My god, and the water display in the back that played during FLOOD was sick. That song pounds the fuck out of you.

Wings/ 10,000 Days is always great. The last two times I was kinda bored but this time I truely think 10,000 Days is fucking genious. I guess cause it's just so long and so slow but then when it finally gets pumping at the end and he screams "Give me my WINGS!!!!!" Oh. My. God.

Lateralus. Hands fucking down, my ABSOLUTE FAVORITE LIVE TOOL SONG EVER. This song never loses its ability to give me chills and make me almost piss myself, lol. The drum jam with Danny and Cody I had already seen in Ohio but it was fucking hilarious this time. Not only did it kick major ass but Maynard had so much fucn with it. Toilet papering poor Cody's drum set and setting up those trees ,lmao. That was classic fucking Maynard. And Cody jammed the fuck out anyway, toilet paper and all. Lol. The end of Lateralus and you know what part I'm talking about "With my feet upon the ground..." Oh. My. God. Sickest shit I've EVER seen and heard in my life, EVER. My jaw is still on the floor back in Reading.

Vicarious. I like this song, it's a good ending and it rocks live. I was really really holding out for Aenema. Thats what they closed the Pittsburgh show with and it was just sick.

Overall- We were in section 117 row k. We could see everything/ everyone perfectly. The sound was amazing, the lasers were amazing. TOOL kicked ass, simple as that. It's a shame that we won't get to see them again in the US for a long time. Who knows, maybe we'll get lucky...

Last edited by Monty; 07-18-2007 at 04:35 PM..
Old 07-18-2007, 11:40 AM   #40
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2007/07/16 - Reading, PA - Sovereign Center

This was my 3rd time seeing TOOL in about a 9 month period. I'm from Pittsburgh, PA, which is where I saw my first TOOL show. It was all over for me after seeing them live in Pittsburgh. They are the most amazing fucking live band ever. The energy they put out is incredible. We saw them a few weeks back in Youngstown, Ohio. I was blitzed out of my fucking mind both in Pgh and in Youngstown but still was able to remember the insanity that I witnessed. This time, I saw it sober, which was a bit odd, lol. But they were great. They played pretty much the same set as they did in Ohio but left out "The Pot". Why?? Why would they do that?? LOL.

Jambi is a great opener. It's devastating. It sets the mood for the rest of the show.

Stinkfist is always a sledgehammer live. (They opened with this in Pittsburgh. It took my virginity). Kicks ass in every way possible.

46 & 2. Another staple. Always fucking great.

Schism. Sucks being a chick b/c I had to piss during this song. I love schism.

Lost Keys and Rosetta Stoned. Don't get me wrong, I love these two but I was really really holding out for "Pushit" or "Aenema" which I heard they'd been throwing in here and there recently. I would have shit myself if I had heard the beginning of Pushit. I'm not even kidding.

FLOOD was unfuckingbelievable live. I was too drunk at the Ohio show to really remember that insane display of musicianship. My god, and the water display in the back that played during FLOOD was sick. That song pounds the fuck out of you.

Wings/ 10,000 Days is always great. The last two times I was kinda bored but this time I truely think 10,000 Days is fucking genious. I guess cause it's just so long and so slow but then when it finally gets pumping at the end and he screams "Give me my WINGS!!!!!" Oh. My. God.

Lateralus. Hands fucking down, my ABSOLUTE FAVORITE LIVE TOOL SONG EVER. This song never loses its ability to give me chills and make me almost piss myself, lol. The drum jam with Danny and Cody I had already seen in Ohio but it was fucking hilarious this time. Not only did it kick major ass but Maynard had so much fucn with it. Toilet papering poor Cody's drum set and setting up those trees ,lmao. That was classic fucking Maynard. And Cody jammed the fuck out anyway, toilet paper and all. Lol. The end of Lateralus and you know what part I'm talking about "With my feet upon the ground..." Oh. My. God. Sickest shit I've EVER seen and heard in my life, EVER. My jaw is still on the floor back in Reading.

Vicarious. I like this song, it's a good ending and it rocks live. I was really really holding out for Aenema. Thats what they closed the Pittsburgh show with and it was just sick.

Overall- We were in section 117 row k. We could see everything/ everyone perfectly. The sound was amazing, the lasers were amazing. TOOL kicked ass, simple as that. It's a shame that we won't get to see them again in the US for a long time. Who knows, maybe we'll get lucky...

Last edited by Monty; 07-18-2007 at 04:35 PM..
OFFLINE |