View Single Post
negative_ions's Avatar negative_ions
07-17-2007, 04:26 PM

long time reader, first time poster.

section 112 row R seat 14

the show in and of itself was one of the best performances i believe i have ever seen. it was pleasing to all senses. the crowd was different than what i remember from past tours. at first, it almost seemed that at some point, liking this band became trendy. but i looked past that and remembered the reason i had traveled 5 hours in the first place. the venue was nice, im pretty sure there was about 5000 people attending. the house sound was really good - the vocals were SLIGHTLY low, but every word was audible, with the exception of rosetta stoned.

i thought jambi was a good opener, that first guitar riff was penetrating, and the crowd semed to immediately go into fifth gear. adam really nailed the talk box solo. the abrupt halt at the end of the song gives you the feeling that they have arrived. maynard said something to the effect of "good evening, pennsylvania. hello, how are you, hello, how are you, are you ready to have fun tonight? we have circus clowns and circus freaks and were going to have a good evening."

stinkfist was good to hear, as well as 46 & 2. although i think they are heavily overplayed live, the hit everything on the head. it always makes me laugh when the crowd sings the "ill keep digging" line at the wrong time. sheep.

schism was cool, again i would have rather heard something else here, but i guess thats why i pay and they play. the extenstion on this was flawless and adam and justin sped up the solos and danny followed suit.

lost keys/rosetta stoned. the bass on this was WAY high in the mix. the second mic vocals were pretty much garbled the whole way through the first part of the song.

flood was awesome, the first time i have heard it live. the visuals were perfectly accompanying to the music. alot of people seemed to be unknown to the song.

during the stage break, lighters were in the air and a stagehand sat on maynards riser and held a lighter up as well.

wings/10,000 days was an emotional experience. they played this spot on and the laser and lighting effects were gratifying. this brought a tear to my eye, it was beautiful and i had the feeling that i was supposed to be right there at that point in time. justin sat the entire time this song was played.

lateralus was outstanding, probably the best song of the night. right after the verse "reaching out to emrace the random, reaching out to embrace whatever may come" justin played that open e bass line for about 10 straight minutes and slammed like 6 bottles of beer while the drum off was going on. it was cool to see maynard and adam mess with that kid from big business, but he didnt miss a beat the entire time he was baraded with paper streamers. at one point, adam scooped up as much streamer he could with both arms and just dumped it right on his head and kit. his drums werent well mic'd at all. after the song, maynard said something to the effect of "i know some of you are drunk, but do not try having sex with a policeman, it will not work out for you, not at all. thank you again for joining us on another romp through the forest, we will see you all soon."

vicarious was a good way to close the evening, although i (like many others) would have loved to hear him sing the "vicariously i" verse.

the group hug at the end, and the gratitude shown towards the crowd was really cool to see. i hope there is a fall tour.

Last edited by negative_ions; 07-18-2007 at 12:14 AM..
Old 07-17-2007, 04:26 PM   #29
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2007/07/16 - Reading, PA - Sovereign Center

long time reader, first time poster.

section 112 row R seat 14

the show in and of itself was one of the best performances i believe i have ever seen. it was pleasing to all senses. the crowd was different than what i remember from past tours. at first, it almost seemed that at some point, liking this band became trendy. but i looked past that and remembered the reason i had traveled 5 hours in the first place. the venue was nice, im pretty sure there was about 5000 people attending. the house sound was really good - the vocals were SLIGHTLY low, but every word was audible, with the exception of rosetta stoned.

i thought jambi was a good opener, that first guitar riff was penetrating, and the crowd semed to immediately go into fifth gear. adam really nailed the talk box solo. the abrupt halt at the end of the song gives you the feeling that they have arrived. maynard said something to the effect of "good evening, pennsylvania. hello, how are you, hello, how are you, are you ready to have fun tonight? we have circus clowns and circus freaks and were going to have a good evening."

stinkfist was good to hear, as well as 46 & 2. although i think they are heavily overplayed live, the hit everything on the head. it always makes me laugh when the crowd sings the "ill keep digging" line at the wrong time. sheep.

schism was cool, again i would have rather heard something else here, but i guess thats why i pay and they play. the extenstion on this was flawless and adam and justin sped up the solos and danny followed suit.

lost keys/rosetta stoned. the bass on this was WAY high in the mix. the second mic vocals were pretty much garbled the whole way through the first part of the song.

flood was awesome, the first time i have heard it live. the visuals were perfectly accompanying to the music. alot of people seemed to be unknown to the song.

during the stage break, lighters were in the air and a stagehand sat on maynards riser and held a lighter up as well.

wings/10,000 days was an emotional experience. they played this spot on and the laser and lighting effects were gratifying. this brought a tear to my eye, it was beautiful and i had the feeling that i was supposed to be right there at that point in time. justin sat the entire time this song was played.

lateralus was outstanding, probably the best song of the night. right after the verse "reaching out to emrace the random, reaching out to embrace whatever may come" justin played that open e bass line for about 10 straight minutes and slammed like 6 bottles of beer while the drum off was going on. it was cool to see maynard and adam mess with that kid from big business, but he didnt miss a beat the entire time he was baraded with paper streamers. at one point, adam scooped up as much streamer he could with both arms and just dumped it right on his head and kit. his drums werent well mic'd at all. after the song, maynard said something to the effect of "i know some of you are drunk, but do not try having sex with a policeman, it will not work out for you, not at all. thank you again for joining us on another romp through the forest, we will see you all soon."

vicarious was a good way to close the evening, although i (like many others) would have loved to hear him sing the "vicariously i" verse.

the group hug at the end, and the gratitude shown towards the crowd was really cool to see. i hope there is a fall tour.

Last edited by negative_ions; 07-18-2007 at 12:14 AM..
OFFLINE |