View Single Post
permian84
07-17-2007, 04:57 AM

General follow up to all..

CCCC is a small, jewel of a venue. GA for a rock show? Perfect.

I have seen over 50 shows at this venue dating back to 1977, and it blows away all other venues in New England. Easy access, parking, good people. Many memories and talk of ..I remember seeing Priest, Tull, Maiden, Nugent, Trumph, J Geils on New Year's, Whitesnake, Aerosmith and Tyler passing out, Ozzy blown away by a young, hungry band called Def Leppard, Journey when they rocked hard, Zappa before I knew his place in the pantheon of musicians, ZZ Top, whom I SWEAR were lip synching at times, and an all time fave; The Police in 1981 "Ghost in the Machine" tour that blew me away.....aaahhhh..memories..

TOOL is the best band in the world today. It was the 6th time I had seen them, and although they played longer and better in INDY back in 2001 (two nites before 9/11), they still are art driven, not jumping around the stage like idiots, focused. Vocals being "muddy" at ANY rock show is fairly common. I have no major complaints with the setlist. I would enjoy a longer show split up by an intermission of about 15 minutes. A TOOL ROCK OPERA. It would work. However, they could play the yellow pages and I'd enjoy. The drum-off was one of the best things I have EVER seen at a rock show. LATERALUS is one of the great rock songs of all time. The "In My Time of Dying" of this generation. I hope all truly appreciate this band and their craft. I do believe they will disband after this tour and move in another direction. Just my opinion and probably the reason for such a prolonged tour.

I hope to be wrong; but certainly a long hiatus is due. I would be suprised if a live CD isn't being produced; unless the band wants no part of $$$ from it.

They have clearly "made it" big time. Each member has his own tour bus (my buddy shook Adam's hand prior to the show while going to his bus), and I counted 8 "semis" to transport gear.

TOOL.

Last edited by permian84; 07-17-2007 at 05:09 AM..
Old 07-17-2007, 04:57 AM   #31
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2007/07/13 - Portland, ME - Cumberland Civic Center

General follow up to all..

CCCC is a small, jewel of a venue. GA for a rock show? Perfect.

I have seen over 50 shows at this venue dating back to 1977, and it blows away all other venues in New England. Easy access, parking, good people. Many memories and talk of ..I remember seeing Priest, Tull, Maiden, Nugent, Trumph, J Geils on New Year's, Whitesnake, Aerosmith and Tyler passing out, Ozzy blown away by a young, hungry band called Def Leppard, Journey when they rocked hard, Zappa before I knew his place in the pantheon of musicians, ZZ Top, whom I SWEAR were lip synching at times, and an all time fave; The Police in 1981 "Ghost in the Machine" tour that blew me away.....aaahhhh..memories..

TOOL is the best band in the world today. It was the 6th time I had seen them, and although they played longer and better in INDY back in 2001 (two nites before 9/11), they still are art driven, not jumping around the stage like idiots, focused. Vocals being "muddy" at ANY rock show is fairly common. I have no major complaints with the setlist. I would enjoy a longer show split up by an intermission of about 15 minutes. A TOOL ROCK OPERA. It would work. However, they could play the yellow pages and I'd enjoy. The drum-off was one of the best things I have EVER seen at a rock show. LATERALUS is one of the great rock songs of all time. The "In My Time of Dying" of this generation. I hope all truly appreciate this band and their craft. I do believe they will disband after this tour and move in another direction. Just my opinion and probably the reason for such a prolonged tour.

I hope to be wrong; but certainly a long hiatus is due. I would be suprised if a live CD isn't being produced; unless the band wants no part of $$$ from it.

They have clearly "made it" big time. Each member has his own tour bus (my buddy shook Adam's hand prior to the show while going to his bus), and I counted 8 "semis" to transport gear.

TOOL.

Last edited by permian84; 07-17-2007 at 05:09 AM..
OFFLINE |