View Single Post
nbourque
07-15-2007, 03:03 PM

This was my 2nd Tool show. I saw them back in Oct. in Manchester, NH. The civic center is a far BETTER venue to see a show at than the Verizon Wireless arena. The sound and feel of the civic center are years ahead of the VWA.

Great show......pretty much the same set list as the NH show except for flood and no Aenema in Portland. Some highlights were Danny Carey himself. He is simply quite amazing. His solo with the drummer from Big Business was was awesome. Something I have never seen or heard before.

Some of the down sides that have been mentioned before were the low vocals from Maynard, a few mis notes, but again these guys are human, they will make mistakes.

Overall it was a great show. For Tool to have toured for as long as they have now and still be able to play each show with as much passion as the next is a testament to how much they love their music. Hope to see TOOl back soon.
Old 07-15-2007, 03:03 PM   #21
Level 3 - Talker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2007/07/13 - Portland, ME - Cumberland Civic Center

This was my 2nd Tool show. I saw them back in Oct. in Manchester, NH. The civic center is a far BETTER venue to see a show at than the Verizon Wireless arena. The sound and feel of the civic center are years ahead of the VWA.

Great show......pretty much the same set list as the NH show except for flood and no Aenema in Portland. Some highlights were Danny Carey himself. He is simply quite amazing. His solo with the drummer from Big Business was was awesome. Something I have never seen or heard before.

Some of the down sides that have been mentioned before were the low vocals from Maynard, a few mis notes, but again these guys are human, they will make mistakes.

Overall it was a great show. For Tool to have toured for as long as they have now and still be able to play each show with as much passion as the next is a testament to how much they love their music. Hope to see TOOl back soon.
OFFLINE |