View Single Post
MarcHStrother's Avatar MarcHStrother
07-14-2007, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfisher70 View Post
If only some of you guys could have seen TOOL back in the early and mid 90's. They were shows that I would come back and tell all my friends what a show they missed. Ones where I couldn't wait to see them again. After last nights show, I am not too anxious.
Couldn't agree with you more - yes, they're great, but nothing compared to the 90's. Those were the days when the venues were much smaller and the setlists varied so much. Now, it's become so much of a production with the videos, lasers, lights, etc. that I think they're hampered from easily changing the setlist. And I don't want to hear anyone tell me "this is the 10k days tour, what do you expect?". I can remember way back (Coachella comes to mind) when they'd just play a whole setlist of their "first EP" - Opiate songs. Remember the days of no T-shirt sales, $25 tickets, intimate venues (Poughkeepsie, NY)? Ah, but I digress....
Old 07-14-2007, 07:41 PM   #38
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2007/06/13 - Winston-Salem, NC - Joel Lawrence Coliseum

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfisher70 View Post
If only some of you guys could have seen TOOL back in the early and mid 90's. They were shows that I would come back and tell all my friends what a show they missed. Ones where I couldn't wait to see them again. After last nights show, I am not too anxious.
Couldn't agree with you more - yes, they're great, but nothing compared to the 90's. Those were the days when the venues were much smaller and the setlists varied so much. Now, it's become so much of a production with the videos, lasers, lights, etc. that I think they're hampered from easily changing the setlist. And I don't want to hear anyone tell me "this is the 10k days tour, what do you expect?". I can remember way back (Coachella comes to mind) when they'd just play a whole setlist of their "first EP" - Opiate songs. Remember the days of no T-shirt sales, $25 tickets, intimate venues (Poughkeepsie, NY)? Ah, but I digress....
OFFLINE |