View Single Post
resistancedrums
07-14-2007, 06:28 PM

Went to the show last night, have to say that it was awesome!! Saw these guys here in 2001 and I love this venue. Small, and you have to love the general admission!!
Since this is an opinion page, I'm gonna give my shitty opinion in response to some other shitty opinions.
First off, not everyone who went to this show has seen 5 other shows on this tour, so we really don't care how you think they've played a song too many times, or a bit lackluster. It is awesome to see these guys period, and the fact that they can pull off these songs live is a statement unto itsself.
Second, this is Tool. If you came early to get a good spot on the floor, good for you. But they still aren't something my grandmother would like to see, so please don't be too surprised by people moshing. This show was way more mellow than the 2001 show from my perspective, and we didn't have all the jarheads pumped up on 9/11 fury this time.
To the guy who said the light show wasn't that good- dude, comparing Tool's light show to a ZZ Top show is like saying Maynard can't dance as well as the guys in COLOR ME BADD. Please. ZZ Top sucks ass, and you couldn't pay me $50 to sit in front of them in the best years of their prime.

Maynard's quote from the break between Jambi and Stinkfist was:
"Personally, I think Red Bull tastes like a urinal sanitizer, but I'll buy one for everyone here if it wakes your fucking asses up!!!"

My only gripe is: since when do people spend so much time on their fucking cell phones during a concert? At any time during the show, you could see at least fifty little lights on in the stands, with some asshole attached yakking away to someone, like there's anything you can fucking talk about that's cooler than what is going on in front of your face! Throw those fucking things away already, you robots.

Gotta say again, though, I love seeing a show here. If you are going to see a band that can sell out an arena, this is the place to do it. The event staff is very cool here, too. No unneccesary hassling of anyone or head bashing going on.
We Love You, TOOL
Old 07-14-2007, 06:28 PM   #12
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2007/07/13 - Portland, ME - Cumberland Civic Center

Went to the show last night, have to say that it was awesome!! Saw these guys here in 2001 and I love this venue. Small, and you have to love the general admission!!
Since this is an opinion page, I'm gonna give my shitty opinion in response to some other shitty opinions.
First off, not everyone who went to this show has seen 5 other shows on this tour, so we really don't care how you think they've played a song too many times, or a bit lackluster. It is awesome to see these guys period, and the fact that they can pull off these songs live is a statement unto itsself.
Second, this is Tool. If you came early to get a good spot on the floor, good for you. But they still aren't something my grandmother would like to see, so please don't be too surprised by people moshing. This show was way more mellow than the 2001 show from my perspective, and we didn't have all the jarheads pumped up on 9/11 fury this time.
To the guy who said the light show wasn't that good- dude, comparing Tool's light show to a ZZ Top show is like saying Maynard can't dance as well as the guys in COLOR ME BADD. Please. ZZ Top sucks ass, and you couldn't pay me $50 to sit in front of them in the best years of their prime.

Maynard's quote from the break between Jambi and Stinkfist was:
"Personally, I think Red Bull tastes like a urinal sanitizer, but I'll buy one for everyone here if it wakes your fucking asses up!!!"

My only gripe is: since when do people spend so much time on their fucking cell phones during a concert? At any time during the show, you could see at least fifty little lights on in the stands, with some asshole attached yakking away to someone, like there's anything you can fucking talk about that's cooler than what is going on in front of your face! Throw those fucking things away already, you robots.

Gotta say again, though, I love seeing a show here. If you are going to see a band that can sell out an arena, this is the place to do it. The event staff is very cool here, too. No unneccesary hassling of anyone or head bashing going on.
We Love You, TOOL
OFFLINE |