View Single Post
Nith Sahor's Avatar Nith Sahor
07-10-2007, 08:28 AM

Oh.... so that's the intro to A Passage to Bangkok? When Adam started playing that I thought they would start with Cold and Ugly (like in that bootleg from Radio City I think)... Jambi was still awesome though! Maynard's vocals were a little easier to hear this time around, though I still think they could have easily cranked him up a little more.

Great show! Flood was awesome... the intro was amazing, and when they went into that Kids in the Hall cover I totally had no idea what was going on and thought it was a new song they were playing that they had recently written. Adam's solo at the end of that was awesome. The actual song part of Flood was also excellent, with great rain visuals and the band really getting into it.

46 & 2 was also cool - I like how they had that trippy circular camera view of Danny doing the breakdown on the screens (and also during his drum solo in Lateralus), very cool. Lateralus was very tight, as were Schism and Vicarious. Rosetta toned was also a bit tighter this time. Danny was a beast during that long instrumental section in 10,000 Days.

Some of the interludes were quite cool, particularly the one before 46&2... had a nice kind of desert feel to it. The lights cycling around during Wings, lighting up the band members, were cool, as was the purple/orange colored smoke that came out during Wings/Lateralus...

My only qualm with the show was that the setlist was more or less the same as before minus RiT/plus Flood. Other than that though, great show - thank you Tool, and see you again in 2012.
Old 07-10-2007, 08:28 AM   #25
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 9
Re: 2007/07/09 - Hamilton, ON - Copps Coliseum

Oh.... so that's the intro to A Passage to Bangkok? When Adam started playing that I thought they would start with Cold and Ugly (like in that bootleg from Radio City I think)... Jambi was still awesome though! Maynard's vocals were a little easier to hear this time around, though I still think they could have easily cranked him up a little more.

Great show! Flood was awesome... the intro was amazing, and when they went into that Kids in the Hall cover I totally had no idea what was going on and thought it was a new song they were playing that they had recently written. Adam's solo at the end of that was awesome. The actual song part of Flood was also excellent, with great rain visuals and the band really getting into it.

46 & 2 was also cool - I like how they had that trippy circular camera view of Danny doing the breakdown on the screens (and also during his drum solo in Lateralus), very cool. Lateralus was very tight, as were Schism and Vicarious. Rosetta toned was also a bit tighter this time. Danny was a beast during that long instrumental section in 10,000 Days.

Some of the interludes were quite cool, particularly the one before 46&2... had a nice kind of desert feel to it. The lights cycling around during Wings, lighting up the band members, were cool, as was the purple/orange colored smoke that came out during Wings/Lateralus...

My only qualm with the show was that the setlist was more or less the same as before minus RiT/plus Flood. Other than that though, great show - thank you Tool, and see you again in 2012.
OFFLINE |