View Single Post
Animosity
07-08-2007, 02:27 PM

Not my first TOOL show, but definently the best I've seen. The best concert I have ever been to, actually. There I was, up front pressed into the barricade, just feet from the center of the stage.

Maynard's dancing kept cracking me up, if you could call it that. It was like watching someone who had taken a large dosage of shrooms and was just beginning to enter a new realm. It was great to see him is such high spirits, talking to us all so much.

People keep complaining that Maynard was hard to hear, but apparently that's the way they wanted it. Every show on this tour, the boards say pretty much the same thing. I was not surprised, but still could hear him well right up front.

I was hoping for Flood, but was sure happy to hear Right In Two. It was excellent live. The few breaks where the guys would just hang out were funny and entertaining. The drum-off in Lateralus was MAD! To hear that drummer from Big Business battling and trying to keep up... He sure kept up for only using a few drum pieces, it was impressive.

Oh yeah, Danny was icing his arm down during the later break, to answer an earlier post. Security also removed about 10 people for fighting or pushing during the course of the show, most of which had to be pulled directly overhead for the lack of space.

All of the laser lights, the mood, the sounds, the screens... I don't know if any other show for a long time will be able to top this one!
Old 07-08-2007, 02:27 PM   #19
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2007/07/07 - Huntington, WV - Big Sandy Superstore Arena

Not my first TOOL show, but definently the best I've seen. The best concert I have ever been to, actually. There I was, up front pressed into the barricade, just feet from the center of the stage.

Maynard's dancing kept cracking me up, if you could call it that. It was like watching someone who had taken a large dosage of shrooms and was just beginning to enter a new realm. It was great to see him is such high spirits, talking to us all so much.

People keep complaining that Maynard was hard to hear, but apparently that's the way they wanted it. Every show on this tour, the boards say pretty much the same thing. I was not surprised, but still could hear him well right up front.

I was hoping for Flood, but was sure happy to hear Right In Two. It was excellent live. The few breaks where the guys would just hang out were funny and entertaining. The drum-off in Lateralus was MAD! To hear that drummer from Big Business battling and trying to keep up... He sure kept up for only using a few drum pieces, it was impressive.

Oh yeah, Danny was icing his arm down during the later break, to answer an earlier post. Security also removed about 10 people for fighting or pushing during the course of the show, most of which had to be pulled directly overhead for the lack of space.

All of the laser lights, the mood, the sounds, the screens... I don't know if any other show for a long time will be able to top this one!
OFFLINE |