View Single Post
mercurykeith's Avatar mercurykeith
07-08-2007, 07:26 AM

Excellent show last night, and I agree, for the most part I felt like the crowd was extremely well behaved. Of course there were some dipshits and fights, but you'll have that at basically any large concert. Big Business seemed to go over well and the audience was kind to them, setting the proper tone for the show.

I agree that Maynard was turned down too low, especially during Jambi, and while it picked up after that he was still a little low for my tastes. Part of that might be their sound and part of it is definitely the venue. I've been to quite a few shows there and I can tell you that our little civic arena does not have good acoustics and it takes good sound people to keep things from sounding like a muddy mess. The rest of the band was crystal clear though.

I was hoping to hear Flood but since Right in Two is the only 10,000 Days track they do live that I hadn't heard yet I was fine with getting that one. It seemed like they stretched almost every track out and jammed on them, which was fine with me, and I was glad that the audience seemed to have the patience for it as well.

To sahager, interesting comments on 10,000 Days, I was at the Columbus show last year and felt like that rendition was a bit better than the one last night. Or it could have been that I just connected with it more in Columbus, that song is all about finding your place in it. It still sounded fantastic. When I saw them come set up the little drum kit I was a bit worried that they were going straight on to Lateralus and we were going to miss the centerpiece of the show. Thankfully that didn't happen. I'd say after this tour is over you won't be hearing that one much anymore, much the same way that Disposition/Reflection/Triad is likely gone forever after the Lateralus tour. So soak it up folks, that's an amazing journey to take live.

Also met some nice folks in the area from a different internet message board, and they were extremely nice. All in all an excellent night in Huntington and even if we didn't get something extra for 7/7/07, you have to agree it was a lucky day for the mountain state.
Old 07-08-2007, 07:26 AM   #8
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2007/07/07 - Huntington, WV - Big Sandy Superstore Arena

Excellent show last night, and I agree, for the most part I felt like the crowd was extremely well behaved. Of course there were some dipshits and fights, but you'll have that at basically any large concert. Big Business seemed to go over well and the audience was kind to them, setting the proper tone for the show.

I agree that Maynard was turned down too low, especially during Jambi, and while it picked up after that he was still a little low for my tastes. Part of that might be their sound and part of it is definitely the venue. I've been to quite a few shows there and I can tell you that our little civic arena does not have good acoustics and it takes good sound people to keep things from sounding like a muddy mess. The rest of the band was crystal clear though.

I was hoping to hear Flood but since Right in Two is the only 10,000 Days track they do live that I hadn't heard yet I was fine with getting that one. It seemed like they stretched almost every track out and jammed on them, which was fine with me, and I was glad that the audience seemed to have the patience for it as well.

To sahager, interesting comments on 10,000 Days, I was at the Columbus show last year and felt like that rendition was a bit better than the one last night. Or it could have been that I just connected with it more in Columbus, that song is all about finding your place in it. It still sounded fantastic. When I saw them come set up the little drum kit I was a bit worried that they were going straight on to Lateralus and we were going to miss the centerpiece of the show. Thankfully that didn't happen. I'd say after this tour is over you won't be hearing that one much anymore, much the same way that Disposition/Reflection/Triad is likely gone forever after the Lateralus tour. So soak it up folks, that's an amazing journey to take live.

Also met some nice folks in the area from a different internet message board, and they were extremely nice. All in all an excellent night in Huntington and even if we didn't get something extra for 7/7/07, you have to agree it was a lucky day for the mountain state.
OFFLINE |