Stinkfist (extended)
46&2
Schism (extended)
Lost Keys/Rosetta Stoned
Right in Two (with Intension intro)
Wings for Marie / 10,000 Days
Lateralus (with extended drum solo)
Vicarious

This was the third time my wife and I have seen TOOL on the 10,000 Days tour. (Columbus, Bonnaroo, and now here.) By far, this was the best view we had out of them all. We were to the right of the stage up top. I was afraid when we bought these tickets that we had gotten a bad spot, but it turned out just the opposite. When we first climbed up into the bleachers, we were pissing distance from Danny's infinite drum kit; it was amazing to see it up close like that. At first, the vocals were way too muted, as we were behind the big amps, but as the show went on, they adjusted it to much more suitable levels. At our other two shows, we had good views, but the problem was that you could not see the details of what the band was doing. Here, we had a clean sight of all the action up close and personal. I had my eyes on Danny the entire time, as I knew this was my best shot at seeing the man at work. During some of the songs, his hands and drumsticks were moving so fast that they were a total blur; yet he didn't screw up once. The complexity of his drumming never ceases to amaze.

The main highlight for me was Right in two with the Intension intro. I had been eagerly wanting to see this at our other shows, and this time they delivered. We got lucky, since it has not been played that much. Again, a killer drum solo by Danny.

Lateralus was good as always. The drummer for Big Business at first I thought was not keeping good time or rhythm with Danny, but as he progressed, it started to gel together. However, the best version of this track we saw was at Bonnaroo, where Tom Morello came out and shredded with them.

This was probably the best 10,000 days we had seen in all of the shows, they just hit it good this night.

My favorite track on all of these shows however, is Schism. The sped up part in the middle they have added this tour really kicks the song in the ass and shows their desire to expand upon themselves.

I also met a fellow music geek like myself who had seen them recently and had traveled 150 miles to this show. We chatted it up during the show, and agreed that it was a face-melting performance. Good to meet you Hal, if you are out there reading.

In summary, this was our best show visually. Acoustically, not as much so, due to our position. We have seen the band in a large, (35,000 seat) venue, a MEGA FUCKING HUGE venue (80,000 plus), and now a way small venue. We are looking forward to doing it all again in 3-4 years.

Last edited by sahager; 07-07-2007 at 10:06 PM..
Old 07-07-2007, 10:01 PM   #7
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2007/07/07 - Huntington, WV - Big Sandy Superstore Arena

Setlist

Jambi
Stinkfist (extended)
46&2
Schism (extended)
Lost Keys/Rosetta Stoned
Right in Two (with Intension intro)
Wings for Marie / 10,000 Days
Lateralus (with extended drum solo)
Vicarious

This was the third time my wife and I have seen TOOL on the 10,000 Days tour. (Columbus, Bonnaroo, and now here.) By far, this was the best view we had out of them all. We were to the right of the stage up top. I was afraid when we bought these tickets that we had gotten a bad spot, but it turned out just the opposite. When we first climbed up into the bleachers, we were pissing distance from Danny's infinite drum kit; it was amazing to see it up close like that. At first, the vocals were way too muted, as we were behind the big amps, but as the show went on, they adjusted it to much more suitable levels. At our other two shows, we had good views, but the problem was that you could not see the details of what the band was doing. Here, we had a clean sight of all the action up close and personal. I had my eyes on Danny the entire time, as I knew this was my best shot at seeing the man at work. During some of the songs, his hands and drumsticks were moving so fast that they were a total blur; yet he didn't screw up once. The complexity of his drumming never ceases to amaze.

The main highlight for me was Right in two with the Intension intro. I had been eagerly wanting to see this at our other shows, and this time they delivered. We got lucky, since it has not been played that much. Again, a killer drum solo by Danny.

Lateralus was good as always. The drummer for Big Business at first I thought was not keeping good time or rhythm with Danny, but as he progressed, it started to gel together. However, the best version of this track we saw was at Bonnaroo, where Tom Morello came out and shredded with them.

This was probably the best 10,000 days we had seen in all of the shows, they just hit it good this night.

My favorite track on all of these shows however, is Schism. The sped up part in the middle they have added this tour really kicks the song in the ass and shows their desire to expand upon themselves.

I also met a fellow music geek like myself who had seen them recently and had traveled 150 miles to this show. We chatted it up during the show, and agreed that it was a face-melting performance. Good to meet you Hal, if you are out there reading.

In summary, this was our best show visually. Acoustically, not as much so, due to our position. We have seen the band in a large, (35,000 seat) venue, a MEGA FUCKING HUGE venue (80,000 plus), and now a way small venue. We are looking forward to doing it all again in 3-4 years.

Last edited by sahager; 07-07-2007 at 10:06 PM..
OFFLINE |