View Single Post
Sweeney
07-05-2007, 11:50 PM

It was my 3rd Tool show, although first two were '97 Lolla and '98 Ozzfest at Alpine Valley, and I have to say Tool has not lost a step in almost a decade. Show kicked serious ass, I was sitting in section 1, row Z, seat 20 something and the vocals were a little weak at times for the first couple of songs, even mentioned it to the guy next to me during stinkfist. Was a little surprised to see that Maynard didnt have boobs or wasn't painted blue like he was 10 years ago, which was a little disappointing since I had the newbs i went with ready to see some weird freak belting out kick ass vocals, but whatever the music was outstanding and the light show was amazing, made me think I was about to be obducted by aliens when those three circle things started moving above the stage. 46 and 2 and Vicarious were my highlights, oh and Flood was a very welcome surprise. Loved the interaction with the crowd after the show was over, pretty classy for band these days. See you all at the next show in Wisconsin hopefully soon and I wanna hear Pushit damnit!
Old 07-05-2007, 11:50 PM   #40
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2007/07/04 - Milwaukee, WI - Summerfest

It was my 3rd Tool show, although first two were '97 Lolla and '98 Ozzfest at Alpine Valley, and I have to say Tool has not lost a step in almost a decade. Show kicked serious ass, I was sitting in section 1, row Z, seat 20 something and the vocals were a little weak at times for the first couple of songs, even mentioned it to the guy next to me during stinkfist. Was a little surprised to see that Maynard didnt have boobs or wasn't painted blue like he was 10 years ago, which was a little disappointing since I had the newbs i went with ready to see some weird freak belting out kick ass vocals, but whatever the music was outstanding and the light show was amazing, made me think I was about to be obducted by aliens when those three circle things started moving above the stage. 46 and 2 and Vicarious were my highlights, oh and Flood was a very welcome surprise. Loved the interaction with the crowd after the show was over, pretty classy for band these days. See you all at the next show in Wisconsin hopefully soon and I wanna hear Pushit damnit!
OFFLINE |