View Single Post
Jason_Synthes
07-05-2007, 01:42 PM

First off I'd like to thank the people that write reviews and post the set lists. It was great to see what songs TOOL would play and be able to know songs like FLOOD that I wouldn't have recognized. I made up a CD of all the songs and listened to them for the past month. I really wasn't sure if I liked FLOOD, but seeing TOOL play it live was better than the CD. I grew up in the 70's and saw major bands like LED ZEPP, AEROSMITH, PINK FLOYD, THE STONES, etc. etc. Back then the artists were pretty wasted when they took the stage and some of the songs really sucked live. TOOL was tight, the songs sounded perfect. I brought my 15 year old son to see his FIRST live concert and hope that he came away with an appreciation for live music. I did tell him on the ride home that he saw a FUCKING great show and that the "rest will be downhill".

Some of the comments about the quality of the sound don't reflect what I saw and/or heard last night. You have to remember that they played in an ampitheatre with an open air atmosphere. I thought the sound was great compared to some of the crap sound that I was used to hearing in a live concert of my day. I had no problems with the sound quality or making out the vocals.

Set list seems accurate. Wasn't sure what to make out about not seeing an encore. It was the first show I've ever been to where the band didn't come out and at least play one song. I was hoping they would play one, but when I saw Maynard walk off and the rest of the band stayed a while to pump up the crowd figured it wouldn't be so. If that's the way it is these days, I guess.. but think that an encore is part of playing a live show ? I have to agree that big business really sucked. I thought all of their songs sounded the same and was glad when they only played 1/2 hour and left. They were the worst opening band I've ever seen and I have a stack of ticket stubs 2 inches thick from all of the concerts I've been to.

As far as the camera Nazis...they were out of hand. They did go out of the way to warn you when you walked in that you weren't supposed to take pictures.. but SO WHAT. I wasn't expecting the red shirted jack offs to come into the crowd and take people out because they were taking pictures. It seemed inappropriate.

All in all the show last night was great and well worth the money I spent to take my kid to his first concert.

My .02 worth

Jason
Old 07-05-2007, 01:42 PM   #34
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2007/07/04 - Milwaukee, WI - Summerfest

First off I'd like to thank the people that write reviews and post the set lists. It was great to see what songs TOOL would play and be able to know songs like FLOOD that I wouldn't have recognized. I made up a CD of all the songs and listened to them for the past month. I really wasn't sure if I liked FLOOD, but seeing TOOL play it live was better than the CD. I grew up in the 70's and saw major bands like LED ZEPP, AEROSMITH, PINK FLOYD, THE STONES, etc. etc. Back then the artists were pretty wasted when they took the stage and some of the songs really sucked live. TOOL was tight, the songs sounded perfect. I brought my 15 year old son to see his FIRST live concert and hope that he came away with an appreciation for live music. I did tell him on the ride home that he saw a FUCKING great show and that the "rest will be downhill".

Some of the comments about the quality of the sound don't reflect what I saw and/or heard last night. You have to remember that they played in an ampitheatre with an open air atmosphere. I thought the sound was great compared to some of the crap sound that I was used to hearing in a live concert of my day. I had no problems with the sound quality or making out the vocals.

Set list seems accurate. Wasn't sure what to make out about not seeing an encore. It was the first show I've ever been to where the band didn't come out and at least play one song. I was hoping they would play one, but when I saw Maynard walk off and the rest of the band stayed a while to pump up the crowd figured it wouldn't be so. If that's the way it is these days, I guess.. but think that an encore is part of playing a live show ? I have to agree that big business really sucked. I thought all of their songs sounded the same and was glad when they only played 1/2 hour and left. They were the worst opening band I've ever seen and I have a stack of ticket stubs 2 inches thick from all of the concerts I've been to.

As far as the camera Nazis...they were out of hand. They did go out of the way to warn you when you walked in that you weren't supposed to take pictures.. but SO WHAT. I wasn't expecting the red shirted jack offs to come into the crowd and take people out because they were taking pictures. It seemed inappropriate.

All in all the show last night was great and well worth the money I spent to take my kid to his first concert.

My .02 worth

Jason
OFFLINE |