View Single Post
Ekan's Avatar Ekan
07-05-2007, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benjees82 View Post
This was the 3rd and last show I will see on this tour. I must say I was slightly disappointed. Like has been mentioned, the vocals were hard to hear at times. I know pretty much every word to every song, so it didn't really bother me too much. He was audible enough for me to know what he was saying. But my little brother, who doesn't know Tool nearly as well as I do, was having a hard time hearing Maynard several times.

The crowd around me was excellent. I was in Sec 4, Row M. I managed to smoke up nearly everyone around me, 7 people I believe in all, and everyone was in great spirits and having a wonderful time. A woman right in front of me took a flash photo and I told her to shut the shit off. She obliged and we had no further problems. A guy right in front of me had terrible rhythm. I think he was a little drunk, cuz no one moves the way he was when dancing. I actually thought he was having seizures more than once. I guess he was just "dancing" if you can call it that. Having said this, I have a couple MAJOR complaints about the crowd.

I am sure that anyone reading this post is a pretty big Tool fan and smart enough to know that there are 2 things that you DO NOT do at a Tool show:

1) DO NOT THROW SHIT AT THE STAGE!! Unfortunately this rule was broken at least 3 times that I could see. Those fuckin glowsticks were flying all over the place, which is fine as long as they don't land in the hands of some jackass who wants to hit someone on the stage with it. Which was nearly the case when one flew right next to Adam. During the Lateralus drum jam, I watched as Adam slowly made his way over to the aforementioned glowstick and kicked it off the stage. I could tell he was pissed, and so was I. I felt embarrassed that a Wisconsin crowd would do something that dumb. Summerfest apparently attracted too many drunken assholes that don't know what a Tool show is about.

2) NO FLASH PHOTOGRAPHY!! During Wings, that place fuckin lit up with cameras. I had just got done bitchin out that woman in front of me, then fuckin everyone decides they need a picture. With the flash on. Apparently Tool needs to make some signs to put up all over the fuckin venue so that people can get the hint. I thought Maynard was gonna have to cut out a verse in Wings (like he did in Peoria I believe) just to ask people politely not to take flash photos. Thankfully, that didn't happen, and Maynard seemed really into the show throughout despite the actions of stupid drunks.

I honestly believe that had this shit not happened, we could have been treated to something special aka Aenima. Right after Adam kicked the glowstick off the stage, he and Maynard had a short pow-wow. I am guessing they were discussing if they would bust out Aenima for the finale. Unfortunately, Adam was pissed and I'm sure told Maynard that Vicarious should be the last song, as usual. We honestly didn't deserve Aenima. I wanted it SOOOO badly, but it was not to be. Alrighty now, I'm done bitchin (I think).

The band performed near flawlessly. The segues and ambient sounds in between fuckin rocked again as usual. They really add to the show and make it sound like one big rock opera. Wings/10k days was the highlight for me. I love these songs live. On the way to Milwaukee, me and my 16 year old little bro were jammin to some Tool, and when these songs came on I explained to him what they were about. As we listened to 10k days, I said this part made me cry a little the first time I heard it and knew what the words were. As the "Shake your fists at the gates sayin, I've come home now..." verse ended I asked him what he thought. "That gave me goosebumps," he responded. Those songs are intense and powerful. I will never again skip them when listening to the CD. The band was spot-on throughout. I have no complaints about the performance at all.

Setlist schmetlist. It's the 10,000 Days Tour. Live with it people.

Overall, I'd give the show an 8/10. If it were another band, I would say it was incredible. But with a few people in the crowd's lack of respect and the difficulties hearing Maynard, it wasn't quite perfection. Close, but not quite.

....sucks that you didnt really get what you were looking for out of the expirence....i saw a few flashes during wings but not that many..mostly lcd screens recording.

Edit: my bad i re-read your post...i totally apologize if i came across naive in my last post there.

Last edited by Ekan; 07-05-2007 at 11:01 AM..
Old 07-05-2007, 10:59 AM   #26
Level 3 - Talker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2007/07/04 - Milwaukee, WI - Summerfest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benjees82 View Post
This was the 3rd and last show I will see on this tour. I must say I was slightly disappointed. Like has been mentioned, the vocals were hard to hear at times. I know pretty much every word to every song, so it didn't really bother me too much. He was audible enough for me to know what he was saying. But my little brother, who doesn't know Tool nearly as well as I do, was having a hard time hearing Maynard several times.

The crowd around me was excellent. I was in Sec 4, Row M. I managed to smoke up nearly everyone around me, 7 people I believe in all, and everyone was in great spirits and having a wonderful time. A woman right in front of me took a flash photo and I told her to shut the shit off. She obliged and we had no further problems. A guy right in front of me had terrible rhythm. I think he was a little drunk, cuz no one moves the way he was when dancing. I actually thought he was having seizures more than once. I guess he was just "dancing" if you can call it that. Having said this, I have a couple MAJOR complaints about the crowd.

I am sure that anyone reading this post is a pretty big Tool fan and smart enough to know that there are 2 things that you DO NOT do at a Tool show:

1) DO NOT THROW SHIT AT THE STAGE!! Unfortunately this rule was broken at least 3 times that I could see. Those fuckin glowsticks were flying all over the place, which is fine as long as they don't land in the hands of some jackass who wants to hit someone on the stage with it. Which was nearly the case when one flew right next to Adam. During the Lateralus drum jam, I watched as Adam slowly made his way over to the aforementioned glowstick and kicked it off the stage. I could tell he was pissed, and so was I. I felt embarrassed that a Wisconsin crowd would do something that dumb. Summerfest apparently attracted too many drunken assholes that don't know what a Tool show is about.

2) NO FLASH PHOTOGRAPHY!! During Wings, that place fuckin lit up with cameras. I had just got done bitchin out that woman in front of me, then fuckin everyone decides they need a picture. With the flash on. Apparently Tool needs to make some signs to put up all over the fuckin venue so that people can get the hint. I thought Maynard was gonna have to cut out a verse in Wings (like he did in Peoria I believe) just to ask people politely not to take flash photos. Thankfully, that didn't happen, and Maynard seemed really into the show throughout despite the actions of stupid drunks.

I honestly believe that had this shit not happened, we could have been treated to something special aka Aenima. Right after Adam kicked the glowstick off the stage, he and Maynard had a short pow-wow. I am guessing they were discussing if they would bust out Aenima for the finale. Unfortunately, Adam was pissed and I'm sure told Maynard that Vicarious should be the last song, as usual. We honestly didn't deserve Aenima. I wanted it SOOOO badly, but it was not to be. Alrighty now, I'm done bitchin (I think).

The band performed near flawlessly. The segues and ambient sounds in between fuckin rocked again as usual. They really add to the show and make it sound like one big rock opera. Wings/10k days was the highlight for me. I love these songs live. On the way to Milwaukee, me and my 16 year old little bro were jammin to some Tool, and when these songs came on I explained to him what they were about. As we listened to 10k days, I said this part made me cry a little the first time I heard it and knew what the words were. As the "Shake your fists at the gates sayin, I've come home now..." verse ended I asked him what he thought. "That gave me goosebumps," he responded. Those songs are intense and powerful. I will never again skip them when listening to the CD. The band was spot-on throughout. I have no complaints about the performance at all.

Setlist schmetlist. It's the 10,000 Days Tour. Live with it people.

Overall, I'd give the show an 8/10. If it were another band, I would say it was incredible. But with a few people in the crowd's lack of respect and the difficulties hearing Maynard, it wasn't quite perfection. Close, but not quite.

....sucks that you didnt really get what you were looking for out of the expirence....i saw a few flashes during wings but not that many..mostly lcd screens recording.

Edit: my bad i re-read your post...i totally apologize if i came across naive in my last post there.

Last edited by Ekan; 07-05-2007 at 11:01 AM..
OFFLINE |