View Single Post
Angel on the Sideline
07-05-2007, 05:34 AM

Okay, it's July 5th and I know I'm way late here, so I'm not even sure anyone will bother to read this and/or respond. But, here goes:

I saw them for the first time ever in Columbus last fall. I've been a big fan since Undertow first hit, but never had the chance to see them before this tour. Unlike a couple other posters, I thought this show was better than the Columbus gig. The dueling drums in Lateralus was unbelievable. I commented during the Big Business set that the band had a great drummer. He proved his worth as he dueled alongside Danny. Even Danny couldn't help but smile as he watched the dude play, and Adam - always stoic and emotionless on stage - smiled during the duel.

Jambi was a great opener. I think Stinkfist is the perfect opener, but Jambi was a solid way to set things off.

Stinkfist was the OTRM mix, which was the first clue that Flood wasn't coming. I'm fine with that, though, as Right in Two is my favorite song on 10,000 Days and I badly wanted to hear it live. During Stinkfist, I'm pretty sure Maynard sang "I'll keep digging, until I feel this fuck me" instead of "I'll keep digging, until I feel something." DID ANYONE ELSE HEAR THIS, or am I imagining it?

During one of the pre-song mixes, I heard the boys sound a few notes from Flood. The hair on the back of my neck stood a little... but it didn't happen.

I liked Vicarious as a closer. I don't mind if they don't close with Aenima, though it is the perfect closer for a lot of reasons.

As pretty much everyone else here has said: the vocal mix was very bad. There were several times during the night where I couldn't really hear Maynard at all. That was a downer.

Maynard nailed the scream on Rosetta Stoned. He didn't even attempt the end of Vicarious, instead entreating the crowd to do it for him. That's a very difficult part of the song. He did it in Columbus and his voice cracked, but that was their first or second show back after he missed several shows due to an illness.

All in all, great show. Can't wait to see them again. I'm hoping beyond hope that they hit the U.S. again after Europe. They've not been to Louisville or Indy on this tour, so I hope they hit both or at least one of those places.
Old 07-05-2007, 05:34 AM   #38
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 3
Re: 2007/06/29 - Cincinnati, OH

Okay, it's July 5th and I know I'm way late here, so I'm not even sure anyone will bother to read this and/or respond. But, here goes:

I saw them for the first time ever in Columbus last fall. I've been a big fan since Undertow first hit, but never had the chance to see them before this tour. Unlike a couple other posters, I thought this show was better than the Columbus gig. The dueling drums in Lateralus was unbelievable. I commented during the Big Business set that the band had a great drummer. He proved his worth as he dueled alongside Danny. Even Danny couldn't help but smile as he watched the dude play, and Adam - always stoic and emotionless on stage - smiled during the duel.

Jambi was a great opener. I think Stinkfist is the perfect opener, but Jambi was a solid way to set things off.

Stinkfist was the OTRM mix, which was the first clue that Flood wasn't coming. I'm fine with that, though, as Right in Two is my favorite song on 10,000 Days and I badly wanted to hear it live. During Stinkfist, I'm pretty sure Maynard sang "I'll keep digging, until I feel this fuck me" instead of "I'll keep digging, until I feel something." DID ANYONE ELSE HEAR THIS, or am I imagining it?

During one of the pre-song mixes, I heard the boys sound a few notes from Flood. The hair on the back of my neck stood a little... but it didn't happen.

I liked Vicarious as a closer. I don't mind if they don't close with Aenima, though it is the perfect closer for a lot of reasons.

As pretty much everyone else here has said: the vocal mix was very bad. There were several times during the night where I couldn't really hear Maynard at all. That was a downer.

Maynard nailed the scream on Rosetta Stoned. He didn't even attempt the end of Vicarious, instead entreating the crowd to do it for him. That's a very difficult part of the song. He did it in Columbus and his voice cracked, but that was their first or second show back after he missed several shows due to an illness.

All in all, great show. Can't wait to see them again. I'm hoping beyond hope that they hit the U.S. again after Europe. They've not been to Louisville or Indy on this tour, so I hope they hit both or at least one of those places.
OFFLINE |