View Single Post
tomisatool's Avatar tomisatool
07-04-2007, 07:50 AM

Before I start with the bad, I'm letting everyone know about the good:
The Band: Me and my friend saw Justin riding his bike around the the parking lot (weaving through fans that were completely oblivious to who he was haha) so we followed his trail to take a look. He and his (girlfriend, wife?) were riding bikes together up and down pine knob. He came out of the gates and rode around me and my friend, we were so nervous we didn't even wave.
I was pretty disappointed in my being a pussy, but I let it go.
Once we got in, we went got a bite to eat for my friend, and took our seats, where we did not leave until the end of the show.

Seats: Row G right side seats 15 and 16 (7 rows from stage, incredible, perfect view of Justin, Danny, and Maynard. I had to kind of crane my neck to see Adam.)

Big Business:
Was NOT anything special, however, compared to ISIS and what I heard of Melt Banana, they were decent. Their drummer was incredible. During their set, Justin remembered seeing me and waved at me until I waved back, I thought that was awesome haha.

SETLIST:

Jambi: This song was a crazy opener. It was unbelievable live. I remember seeing Justin and Danny walk out, in Pistons jerseys, and everyone going nuts. Jambi hits hard, and rattles your bones like nothing else. This song was a pump up and excellent opener.

Stinkfist: Always incredible live. Its like a completely new experience every time I hear it. The amazing sound that comes out of Danny's kit is awe inspiring. The solo was amazing too. Definitely one of the best songs of the night. Maynard's scream almost had me crying.

Forty Six & 2: This song will never get old to me. Danny and Justin have such an amazing talent and connect so well with each other that the base line and drumming during was spot on. I hope they continue to play this song through all their concerts.

Schism: With everyone calling this song, warn out and hard to hear any more, I have to say that I am still in love with it. This song did nothing but help me get more into the concert. Watching Adam and Justin set up the double time, and seeing Danny play it! Just incredible. Plus "The squaring up between..." that line gave me shivers.

Lost Keys: Watching Justin play with the droning base was fun. He was experimenting on stage in front of everyone.

Rosetta Stoned: I am in love with this song. I never really knew how much fun this song is in concert. I'd heard it in the Palace and The Fox but I guess I never really got the full effect. The break downs were awesome. And Maynard's vocals were awesome.

FLOOD: Oh my god. Best song of the night. Right when I heard the baseline I started screaming and jumping. The guitar riff hits so hard, and you hear the first snare hit leading into the main riff and you just get chills. Anyone complaining about Maynard's voice going is totally wrong. He was singing so high all night. You need to hear this song live!

Wings For Marie: This song was incredible. People took their sweet time shutting the fuck up, but when they did, everything sounded sweet. I almost came to tears at the beginning of the heavy part of this song.

10,000 Days: I love this song. However, I don't have a review for it. I only got to watch the beginning. Reason for this posted in the complaints.

Lateralus: Wow, just wow. I can't believe this song. Just amazing. Absolutely unbelievable. Danny's drum solo was awesome. The breakdown literally had me crying and jumping.

Vicarious: Still a great song, however this concert should have ended with Lateralus. Maynard had a lot of fun during this song, and Justin really was moving around, banging his head. A good finale, but nothing compared to Lateralus.

Overall: A great set and a great job by the band. Best concert of my life.

COMPLAINTS:
No one wants to have to do this, but my complaints are ALL fan related.

First: To the stupid bitch is ROW G seat 17 (yes directly to my left) who decided to ruin this concert for me. FUCK YOU! I wanted to put a whole clip into your fuckin head. This dumb bitch came so drunk that she was almost unconscious until the second before Jambi started. THE SECOND it did, she leaned over and threw up all over the floor. FUCK YOU! I swear to god if I had a gun you would be fucking dead. You ruined 10,000 Days for me, because the stench of your beer throw up made me feel sick, so I had to sit down. God dammit, I swear to god I would kill you in a heartbeat.

Second: To the idiot behind me (who's ass I should have, and could have easily kicked) who continuously yelled during the bands short jams THIS SONG SUCKS, PLAY A NEW ONE. He was also the guy screaming during Wings and 10K.

CORRECTION for COMPLAINTS 1 and 2: I would have shot the guy behind me in the head, and then finished the clip in the drunk bitch next to me.

Third: The idiot who almost threw a giant balloon on the stage. If security hadn't caught that, and Maynard walked off, your ass would have been beat.

Fourth: To the security, who frisked me. Good job. I liked it.

END COMPLAINTS

On a better note. Every other fan in that building was cool as hell.

The band played a stellar performance

And I saw some titties on my way out.

AMAZING CONCERT TOOL!

Now if only I had a shotgun...
Old 07-04-2007, 07:50 AM   #8
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 1
Re: 2007/07/03 - Detroit, MI - DTE Amphitheater

Before I start with the bad, I'm letting everyone know about the good:
The Band: Me and my friend saw Justin riding his bike around the the parking lot (weaving through fans that were completely oblivious to who he was haha) so we followed his trail to take a look. He and his (girlfriend, wife?) were riding bikes together up and down pine knob. He came out of the gates and rode around me and my friend, we were so nervous we didn't even wave.
I was pretty disappointed in my being a pussy, but I let it go.
Once we got in, we went got a bite to eat for my friend, and took our seats, where we did not leave until the end of the show.

Seats: Row G right side seats 15 and 16 (7 rows from stage, incredible, perfect view of Justin, Danny, and Maynard. I had to kind of crane my neck to see Adam.)

Big Business:
Was NOT anything special, however, compared to ISIS and what I heard of Melt Banana, they were decent. Their drummer was incredible. During their set, Justin remembered seeing me and waved at me until I waved back, I thought that was awesome haha.

SETLIST:

Jambi: This song was a crazy opener. It was unbelievable live. I remember seeing Justin and Danny walk out, in Pistons jerseys, and everyone going nuts. Jambi hits hard, and rattles your bones like nothing else. This song was a pump up and excellent opener.

Stinkfist: Always incredible live. Its like a completely new experience every time I hear it. The amazing sound that comes out of Danny's kit is awe inspiring. The solo was amazing too. Definitely one of the best songs of the night. Maynard's scream almost had me crying.

Forty Six & 2: This song will never get old to me. Danny and Justin have such an amazing talent and connect so well with each other that the base line and drumming during was spot on. I hope they continue to play this song through all their concerts.

Schism: With everyone calling this song, warn out and hard to hear any more, I have to say that I am still in love with it. This song did nothing but help me get more into the concert. Watching Adam and Justin set up the double time, and seeing Danny play it! Just incredible. Plus "The squaring up between..." that line gave me shivers.

Lost Keys: Watching Justin play with the droning base was fun. He was experimenting on stage in front of everyone.

Rosetta Stoned: I am in love with this song. I never really knew how much fun this song is in concert. I'd heard it in the Palace and The Fox but I guess I never really got the full effect. The break downs were awesome. And Maynard's vocals were awesome.

FLOOD: Oh my god. Best song of the night. Right when I heard the baseline I started screaming and jumping. The guitar riff hits so hard, and you hear the first snare hit leading into the main riff and you just get chills. Anyone complaining about Maynard's voice going is totally wrong. He was singing so high all night. You need to hear this song live!

Wings For Marie: This song was incredible. People took their sweet time shutting the fuck up, but when they did, everything sounded sweet. I almost came to tears at the beginning of the heavy part of this song.

10,000 Days: I love this song. However, I don't have a review for it. I only got to watch the beginning. Reason for this posted in the complaints.

Lateralus: Wow, just wow. I can't believe this song. Just amazing. Absolutely unbelievable. Danny's drum solo was awesome. The breakdown literally had me crying and jumping.

Vicarious: Still a great song, however this concert should have ended with Lateralus. Maynard had a lot of fun during this song, and Justin really was moving around, banging his head. A good finale, but nothing compared to Lateralus.

Overall: A great set and a great job by the band. Best concert of my life.

COMPLAINTS:
No one wants to have to do this, but my complaints are ALL fan related.

First: To the stupid bitch is ROW G seat 17 (yes directly to my left) who decided to ruin this concert for me. FUCK YOU! I wanted to put a whole clip into your fuckin head. This dumb bitch came so drunk that she was almost unconscious until the second before Jambi started. THE SECOND it did, she leaned over and threw up all over the floor. FUCK YOU! I swear to god if I had a gun you would be fucking dead. You ruined 10,000 Days for me, because the stench of your beer throw up made me feel sick, so I had to sit down. God dammit, I swear to god I would kill you in a heartbeat.

Second: To the idiot behind me (who's ass I should have, and could have easily kicked) who continuously yelled during the bands short jams THIS SONG SUCKS, PLAY A NEW ONE. He was also the guy screaming during Wings and 10K.

CORRECTION for COMPLAINTS 1 and 2: I would have shot the guy behind me in the head, and then finished the clip in the drunk bitch next to me.

Third: The idiot who almost threw a giant balloon on the stage. If security hadn't caught that, and Maynard walked off, your ass would have been beat.

Fourth: To the security, who frisked me. Good job. I liked it.

END COMPLAINTS

On a better note. Every other fan in that building was cool as hell.

The band played a stellar performance

And I saw some titties on my way out.

AMAZING CONCERT TOOL!

Now if only I had a shotgun...