View Single Post
Maz46&2
06-28-2007, 08:33 AM

What up k1johnny! Forgot to PM you before the show for a meet up.

As everyone said: Amazing show! Compared to the two previous Chicago shows this tour this one was absolutely the best. I can't even pick out a single highlight because every song was played so well with so much enthusiasm.

CROWD:

With the exception of two people in front of me the crowd was absolutely amazing. I think Chicago crowds are probably some of the best. Everyone was pretty enthusiastic and respectful. Most people around me just lit up some fatties and chilled which was nice. Of course there were two aforementioned exceptions. This middle-aged couple in front of me in 114 row 12 really tried my patience. From the moment they got there to the time they left they went from fighting to name-calling to laughing to making out to fighting again then making out again, etc. They were so drunk they kept stumbling and falling. At one point the guy was sitting on top of his seat and almost fell into me. I was hoping that he would because me and my friends were going to drag him out into the aisle. He did sit down at one point so I got a couple of cheap knee shots to his head as reperations for my pain and suffering at his hand. The worst part is that they drove to the show so some innocent motorist is going to be at risk because of these imbeciles. Hopefully, they crash into a wall instead, that way they won't kill anyone but themselves.

BIG BUSINESS:

Considering that the last openers I saw were Isis and Melt Banana, Big Business was a welcome change. They at least had a rhythym and their drummer was very talented. They seem kind of like a really unfocused Metallica. All and all not that bad.

TOOL:

Wow. "I don't even know where to begin..."

Jambi:
Good opener again. Only problem is a lot of people don't seem to know it as well. Stinkfist maybe the best opener.

Stinkfist:
We got the short album version so I knew we would be getting either The Pot or Flood. This song will never get old. I love the "Stinkfist-stomp" that Maynard does during this song. He did do the blood curdling scream which REALLY got the crowd going.

Forty-Six & 2:
Much better rendition than Peoria. Started with the keyboard intro that Adam does. Still an excellent song but I'm hoping as the tour goes on that it gets rotated with H. or 4 Degrees as in the previous tour.

The Pot:
When I saw Maynard stand by his mic after Forty-Six & 2 I knew that The Pot was next. It saddened me a little because typically when they play this song they will not play Pushit or Flood. Nonetheless, Justin's bassline shattered a few of my teeth and Maynard was spot-fucking-on.

Schism:
The doubletime keeps this song alive but I would give my left testicle to have it swapped out for Parabola. I noticed that the chorus during this song is a little different, a little deeper than before.

Lost Keys/Rosetta Stoned:
This mammoth has grown on me. Maynard nailed every scream and did his robot-dance which kicked ass and then he began clapping and the crowd followed suit, very nice. I still think this should be the opener.

Vicarious Jam:
This is actually a pretty cool analog synth sounding jam that reminds me of something from Pink Floyd. It has a "Shine On You Crazy Diamond" feel to it. I was expecting Right In Two but heard a very subtle bass line...the hair on my neck stood up...I yelled out "holyfuckingshit! Flood!" Sure enough...

Flood:
Oh my God! Not only was I not expecting it, I wasn't expecting it to be so damn good. I have the audio from Bonarroo and it didn't sound this good! That slow rumbling bass line cut right through me. Oh man, if anyone thought Maynard's voice was in jeopardy they haven't heard Flood this year. It sounded BETTER than in 2002 and that is saying a lot. Flood made my night, they could have ended the show there and I would have been 100% satisfied.

Wings 1+ 2:
Wow, wow, wow. Third time seeing it in person and it is just a moving, religious experience. I stood in awe just watching the visuals and I think I shed a tear during the "give me my wings!" part just as the 10,000 Days backdrop unfurled. That was the apex of emotions for me, wow, oh man...

Lateralus:
Very heavy. This song is up there with Third Eye for me. It is more epic every time and I have to say that the Big Business drummer's duel with Danny was excellent. That drummer is very talented. I also enjoyed Maynard feeding everyone (candy?, Cheetos?).

Vicarious:
Nice visuals but I can't really get into this song. This is where I hopped the barrier to get onto the floor and meet the serial killer for the setlist. Thanks again, good to actually meet you in person this time, don't worry I won't tell where the bodies are buried ;-)

BEST DAMN SHOW I'VE EVER BEEN TO. Thank you Tool and thank you HOFFMAN ESTATES.

Last edited by Maz46&2; 06-28-2007 at 07:17 PM..
Old 06-28-2007, 08:33 AM   #28
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2007/06/27 - Chicago, IL - Sears Center

What up k1johnny! Forgot to PM you before the show for a meet up.

As everyone said: Amazing show! Compared to the two previous Chicago shows this tour this one was absolutely the best. I can't even pick out a single highlight because every song was played so well with so much enthusiasm.

CROWD:

With the exception of two people in front of me the crowd was absolutely amazing. I think Chicago crowds are probably some of the best. Everyone was pretty enthusiastic and respectful. Most people around me just lit up some fatties and chilled which was nice. Of course there were two aforementioned exceptions. This middle-aged couple in front of me in 114 row 12 really tried my patience. From the moment they got there to the time they left they went from fighting to name-calling to laughing to making out to fighting again then making out again, etc. They were so drunk they kept stumbling and falling. At one point the guy was sitting on top of his seat and almost fell into me. I was hoping that he would because me and my friends were going to drag him out into the aisle. He did sit down at one point so I got a couple of cheap knee shots to his head as reperations for my pain and suffering at his hand. The worst part is that they drove to the show so some innocent motorist is going to be at risk because of these imbeciles. Hopefully, they crash into a wall instead, that way they won't kill anyone but themselves.

BIG BUSINESS:

Considering that the last openers I saw were Isis and Melt Banana, Big Business was a welcome change. They at least had a rhythym and their drummer was very talented. They seem kind of like a really unfocused Metallica. All and all not that bad.

TOOL:

Wow. "I don't even know where to begin..."

Jambi:
Good opener again. Only problem is a lot of people don't seem to know it as well. Stinkfist maybe the best opener.

Stinkfist:
We got the short album version so I knew we would be getting either The Pot or Flood. This song will never get old. I love the "Stinkfist-stomp" that Maynard does during this song. He did do the blood curdling scream which REALLY got the crowd going.

Forty-Six & 2:
Much better rendition than Peoria. Started with the keyboard intro that Adam does. Still an excellent song but I'm hoping as the tour goes on that it gets rotated with H. or 4 Degrees as in the previous tour.

The Pot:
When I saw Maynard stand by his mic after Forty-Six & 2 I knew that The Pot was next. It saddened me a little because typically when they play this song they will not play Pushit or Flood. Nonetheless, Justin's bassline shattered a few of my teeth and Maynard was spot-fucking-on.

Schism:
The doubletime keeps this song alive but I would give my left testicle to have it swapped out for Parabola. I noticed that the chorus during this song is a little different, a little deeper than before.

Lost Keys/Rosetta Stoned:
This mammoth has grown on me. Maynard nailed every scream and did his robot-dance which kicked ass and then he began clapping and the crowd followed suit, very nice. I still think this should be the opener.

Vicarious Jam:
This is actually a pretty cool analog synth sounding jam that reminds me of something from Pink Floyd. It has a "Shine On You Crazy Diamond" feel to it. I was expecting Right In Two but heard a very subtle bass line...the hair on my neck stood up...I yelled out "holyfuckingshit! Flood!" Sure enough...

Flood:
Oh my God! Not only was I not expecting it, I wasn't expecting it to be so damn good. I have the audio from Bonarroo and it didn't sound this good! That slow rumbling bass line cut right through me. Oh man, if anyone thought Maynard's voice was in jeopardy they haven't heard Flood this year. It sounded BETTER than in 2002 and that is saying a lot. Flood made my night, they could have ended the show there and I would have been 100% satisfied.

Wings 1+ 2:
Wow, wow, wow. Third time seeing it in person and it is just a moving, religious experience. I stood in awe just watching the visuals and I think I shed a tear during the "give me my wings!" part just as the 10,000 Days backdrop unfurled. That was the apex of emotions for me, wow, oh man...

Lateralus:
Very heavy. This song is up there with Third Eye for me. It is more epic every time and I have to say that the Big Business drummer's duel with Danny was excellent. That drummer is very talented. I also enjoyed Maynard feeding everyone (candy?, Cheetos?).

Vicarious:
Nice visuals but I can't really get into this song. This is where I hopped the barrier to get onto the floor and meet the serial killer for the setlist. Thanks again, good to actually meet you in person this time, don't worry I won't tell where the bodies are buried ;-)

BEST DAMN SHOW I'VE EVER BEEN TO. Thank you Tool and thank you HOFFMAN ESTATES.

Last edited by Maz46&2; 06-28-2007 at 07:17 PM..
OFFLINE |