View Single Post
gahpg
06-28-2007, 04:06 AM

SPIRAL OUT!!!!

My first rock concert ever (The classical ones i've been to don't count; those double basses and percussion instruments don't rattle your bones like Carey can :D)

Man, it was definitely a great experience; one of the best experiences i've ever had in my life. I got a lot more than I was expecting out of this concert: The screens, the lasers, all the little goodies thrown in (The scream in stinkfist, the schism and lateralus jams, oh my god!). Stinkfist was definitely the song tonight for me, and I was really hoping for pushit but flood is still cool (waaaateeerrrrrr.....) Maynard was also really awesome; I loved it when Jambi started and he had that pose right in front of that monitor. He is one cool motherfucker.

What happened with the guy in the stretcher? Saw him getting pulled out and hope everything is ok.

There was this guy right by me trying to start a fight with these two other dudes who kept talking two rows down (which I couldn't even hear them or even noticed them till he was yelling at them. All I could see was them facing each other, not really being too obnoxious but that's not a big issue, get lost in the music would ya?) so that really detracted from parts of Rosetta Stoned and Flood. They eventually went outside and settled things I guess (saw them shake hands a while after they came back). Would've been much better w/o the distraction however. Learn to swim you fucker.

Nitpicky, but something didn't feel right about justin's tone. Whatever, it was still a kick ass show.

In addition maynard commented on how they've performed these songs a million times but it still takes some getting used to to get back into that space, that head space. (or something of that effect)

Venue seemed to be pretty good, got out of the lot in like 5-10 minutes (although I left right as vicarious ended) so I kinda got a head of a lot of people so I don't know if anyone else had to wait longer. Also got to keep my ticket!

I am definitely going to get floor for the next show they do.

Last edited by gahpg; 06-28-2007 at 04:10 AM..
Old 06-28-2007, 04:06 AM   #17
Level 3 - Talker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2007/06/27 - Chicago, IL - Sears Center

SPIRAL OUT!!!!

My first rock concert ever (The classical ones i've been to don't count; those double basses and percussion instruments don't rattle your bones like Carey can :D)

Man, it was definitely a great experience; one of the best experiences i've ever had in my life. I got a lot more than I was expecting out of this concert: The screens, the lasers, all the little goodies thrown in (The scream in stinkfist, the schism and lateralus jams, oh my god!). Stinkfist was definitely the song tonight for me, and I was really hoping for pushit but flood is still cool (waaaateeerrrrrr.....) Maynard was also really awesome; I loved it when Jambi started and he had that pose right in front of that monitor. He is one cool motherfucker.

What happened with the guy in the stretcher? Saw him getting pulled out and hope everything is ok.

There was this guy right by me trying to start a fight with these two other dudes who kept talking two rows down (which I couldn't even hear them or even noticed them till he was yelling at them. All I could see was them facing each other, not really being too obnoxious but that's not a big issue, get lost in the music would ya?) so that really detracted from parts of Rosetta Stoned and Flood. They eventually went outside and settled things I guess (saw them shake hands a while after they came back). Would've been much better w/o the distraction however. Learn to swim you fucker.

Nitpicky, but something didn't feel right about justin's tone. Whatever, it was still a kick ass show.

In addition maynard commented on how they've performed these songs a million times but it still takes some getting used to to get back into that space, that head space. (or something of that effect)

Venue seemed to be pretty good, got out of the lot in like 5-10 minutes (although I left right as vicarious ended) so I kinda got a head of a lot of people so I don't know if anyone else had to wait longer. Also got to keep my ticket!

I am definitely going to get floor for the next show they do.

Last edited by gahpg; 06-28-2007 at 04:10 AM..
OFFLINE |