View Single Post
Eighteenth Eye's Avatar Eighteenth Eye
06-25-2007, 08:31 AM

Based on what I have read I am so glad that I had floors for this show.

This is my 6th Tool show and my 7th will be on July 9th. Each show was great, some better than others but the LAST thing I have ever though about after the show is "I can't wait to get to my computer and come to this message board and bitch about anything that I can think of". After a Tool show I am left with an incredible high and it is not drug induced. I am now so fired up that I get to go again so soon!

I was thinking that if someone was 18 years old that they would have been 3 or 4 years old when Undertow came out and there were a great deal of them there last night. I have nothing against younger fans at all, but I'm afraid many that haven't grown up with Tool just don't undertand how great this band is and although I am not positive I would guess that many of the younger fans are the ones that are complaining.

There is not one artist out there that can synchronize their entire show to EXACTLY match a live video screen perfectly night after night. I cannot fault Tool for playing the same setlist night after night because it is a big deal to incorporate a new song into the rotation which includes the video and lasers. How can they find the time to incorporate all of this when they have basically played every night for a year and a half.
Old 06-25-2007, 08:31 AM   #39
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2007/06/24 - Hamilton, Ontario - Copps Coliseum

Based on what I have read I am so glad that I had floors for this show.

This is my 6th Tool show and my 7th will be on July 9th. Each show was great, some better than others but the LAST thing I have ever though about after the show is "I can't wait to get to my computer and come to this message board and bitch about anything that I can think of". After a Tool show I am left with an incredible high and it is not drug induced. I am now so fired up that I get to go again so soon!

I was thinking that if someone was 18 years old that they would have been 3 or 4 years old when Undertow came out and there were a great deal of them there last night. I have nothing against younger fans at all, but I'm afraid many that haven't grown up with Tool just don't undertand how great this band is and although I am not positive I would guess that many of the younger fans are the ones that are complaining.

There is not one artist out there that can synchronize their entire show to EXACTLY match a live video screen perfectly night after night. I cannot fault Tool for playing the same setlist night after night because it is a big deal to incorporate a new song into the rotation which includes the video and lasers. How can they find the time to incorporate all of this when they have basically played every night for a year and a half.
OFFLINE |