Schism
Lost Keys
Rosetta Stoned
Flood
Wings pt 1
Wings pt 2
Lateralus w/ Melt Banana
Vicarious

First of all, the simple fact that they played 15 minutes from my house was amazing in itself. On top of that, they put on another great show. Maynard didn't say much of anything to the crowd and I'm sure that some will feel that meant he wasn't that into the show but the performance speaks for itself. They came out, played a great show (as usual) and the crowd ate it up.

Some highlights for me:

46&2 is always badass. I'll never get over seeing the drum solo.

Rosetta Stoned. Once again, Danny is fucking amazing.

Wings 1 & 2. I just love hearing this song. I did, however, think that Danny, Justin and Maynard were like a count off from each other in the beginning of Wings 2, but the sound was a little muddy so maybe it was just me. Kinda want to know if anyone else heard this. Even if they were they still pulled it off.

Lateralus. The extended section is pretty cool. Always nice to see Danny have a chance to just go off. (Did I mention I'm a drummer? So yeah, I watched a lot of Danny) I couldn't really here what the drummer from Melt Banana was doing but it looked cool. Maynard played rock, paper, scissors with MB's singer.

Vicarious. Some dude ran up on stage towards the end and immediately pulled off by security. So I guess that was memorable.

All in all the band put on a great show. The sound could have been better in my opinion but hey, TOOL played the Ft. Wayne Coliseum and I can't really ask for much more than that. Had a great time.

Last edited by Neuk77; 06-23-2007 at 09:55 PM..
Old 06-23-2007, 09:51 PM   #2
Level 3 - Talker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2007/06/23 - Ft. Wayne, IN - Memorial Coliseum

Wow, I'm the first one.

Setlist, (I'm pretty sure):
Jambi
Stinkfist
46&2
Schism
Lost Keys
Rosetta Stoned
Flood
Wings pt 1
Wings pt 2
Lateralus w/ Melt Banana
Vicarious

First of all, the simple fact that they played 15 minutes from my house was amazing in itself. On top of that, they put on another great show. Maynard didn't say much of anything to the crowd and I'm sure that some will feel that meant he wasn't that into the show but the performance speaks for itself. They came out, played a great show (as usual) and the crowd ate it up.

Some highlights for me:

46&2 is always badass. I'll never get over seeing the drum solo.

Rosetta Stoned. Once again, Danny is fucking amazing.

Wings 1 & 2. I just love hearing this song. I did, however, think that Danny, Justin and Maynard were like a count off from each other in the beginning of Wings 2, but the sound was a little muddy so maybe it was just me. Kinda want to know if anyone else heard this. Even if they were they still pulled it off.

Lateralus. The extended section is pretty cool. Always nice to see Danny have a chance to just go off. (Did I mention I'm a drummer? So yeah, I watched a lot of Danny) I couldn't really here what the drummer from Melt Banana was doing but it looked cool. Maynard played rock, paper, scissors with MB's singer.

Vicarious. Some dude ran up on stage towards the end and immediately pulled off by security. So I guess that was memorable.

All in all the band put on a great show. The sound could have been better in my opinion but hey, TOOL played the Ft. Wayne Coliseum and I can't really ask for much more than that. Had a great time.

Last edited by Neuk77; 06-23-2007 at 09:55 PM..
OFFLINE |