View Single Post
drednot
06-18-2007, 02:52 PM

This was my second time seeing Tool, and I guess all of my excitement and preparation for this show left me slightly disappointed in the end. Maynard definitely took it easy, which although understandable considering their demanding tour schedule, still, it really blows when it happens on your night. The stage show was incredible, with different nuances that I had not seen before last night like the use of mirriors to reflect the lasers and the rotatings aerials. The thing that really got me in the end I guess because I was so close up was that these cats just looked plain bored. I'm not just talking about the Adam Jones (guitar god) death stare that he rocks night to night, but I definitely detected a lazy ass vibe up there, especially with respect to execution. As if this wasn't enough to kill my spirit, all these fucking assholes around me were some of the most lackluster Tool fans I have ever encountered. I didn't even know those existed. Scream the lyrics, bob your head, fucking do something. Make it a group ritual, make it cathartic. Thats what makes these things so special. Security didn't make it any easier, shining flashlights like punk ass cops at anything going on ANYWHERE in the goddamn stadium. Whats the use of a no camera rule to preserve the spectacle and the atmosphere if those officiating the rules shine five fucking flashlights all over some kid next to you during Wings.

But hey, who am I to complain. I love Tool to the end, and maybe next time it will be everything as opposed to almost everything.

Melt Banana cannot love you long time...you will have a headache five minutes into the encounter. Somebody take away the guitarist's pedals and hook him up with some lessons on how to not sound like shit. The bass player kicked ass though.
Old 06-18-2007, 02:52 PM   #19
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2007/06/17 - Evansville, IN - Roberts Stadium

This was my second time seeing Tool, and I guess all of my excitement and preparation for this show left me slightly disappointed in the end. Maynard definitely took it easy, which although understandable considering their demanding tour schedule, still, it really blows when it happens on your night. The stage show was incredible, with different nuances that I had not seen before last night like the use of mirriors to reflect the lasers and the rotatings aerials. The thing that really got me in the end I guess because I was so close up was that these cats just looked plain bored. I'm not just talking about the Adam Jones (guitar god) death stare that he rocks night to night, but I definitely detected a lazy ass vibe up there, especially with respect to execution. As if this wasn't enough to kill my spirit, all these fucking assholes around me were some of the most lackluster Tool fans I have ever encountered. I didn't even know those existed. Scream the lyrics, bob your head, fucking do something. Make it a group ritual, make it cathartic. Thats what makes these things so special. Security didn't make it any easier, shining flashlights like punk ass cops at anything going on ANYWHERE in the goddamn stadium. Whats the use of a no camera rule to preserve the spectacle and the atmosphere if those officiating the rules shine five fucking flashlights all over some kid next to you during Wings.

But hey, who am I to complain. I love Tool to the end, and maybe next time it will be everything as opposed to almost everything.

Melt Banana cannot love you long time...you will have a headache five minutes into the encounter. Somebody take away the guitarist's pedals and hook him up with some lessons on how to not sound like shit. The bass player kicked ass though.
OFFLINE |