View Single Post
RKramer973
06-18-2007, 10:47 AM

My first Tool show, at my first Bonnaroo. This was an absolutely amazing first experience, and in my opinion, Tool was the best show at the festival (a close second being Aesop Rock, El-P, and DJ Shadow). I've listened to Tool for so long now and have yet to see them live, but I've fallen in love with them again after this experience. Jambi, Vicarious, and Rosetta Stoned, all of which I've enjoyed on the record, were AMAZING live, and I have a new outlook on them. Wings 1+ 2 was absolutely beautiful, bringing chills to my spine. It was a pleasure to hear 46&2 and of course Lateralus with Tom Morello! The entire show was fucking incredible, that's all I can think to say. Ænema too! I thought the show was over after Vicarious, then MJK says"hope you have a good weekend....." and they launch into Ænema!! A few MJK quotes...he was rather talkative.
"I smell patchouli!" - right before launching into Jambi
"I took a shower today, at my air conditioned tent, with soap. Jealous?"
"So I take it you guys guys are pretty far along on your LSD trips?-crowd cheers-"Well you're all under arrest."
At the end of the show, he thanked us many times, and said that he hoped we would have a good time, and thanks for putting up with out cynical attiitudes. Then Danny and Adam threw some sticks, and drum heads, and waved, and then they were gone. A great show, around 2 hours i believe, without a break.
Thanks to everyone that was there, I hoped everyone enjoyed the show as much as I did, Thanks so much Tool. The presentation of your music was above all other musicians there that weekend, and I've fallen in love again.
Old 06-18-2007, 10:47 AM   #9
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2007/06/15 - Manchester, TN - Bonnaroo Festival

My first Tool show, at my first Bonnaroo. This was an absolutely amazing first experience, and in my opinion, Tool was the best show at the festival (a close second being Aesop Rock, El-P, and DJ Shadow). I've listened to Tool for so long now and have yet to see them live, but I've fallen in love with them again after this experience. Jambi, Vicarious, and Rosetta Stoned, all of which I've enjoyed on the record, were AMAZING live, and I have a new outlook on them. Wings 1+ 2 was absolutely beautiful, bringing chills to my spine. It was a pleasure to hear 46&2 and of course Lateralus with Tom Morello! The entire show was fucking incredible, that's all I can think to say. Ænema too! I thought the show was over after Vicarious, then MJK says"hope you have a good weekend....." and they launch into Ænema!! A few MJK quotes...he was rather talkative.
"I smell patchouli!" - right before launching into Jambi
"I took a shower today, at my air conditioned tent, with soap. Jealous?"
"So I take it you guys guys are pretty far along on your LSD trips?-crowd cheers-"Well you're all under arrest."
At the end of the show, he thanked us many times, and said that he hoped we would have a good time, and thanks for putting up with out cynical attiitudes. Then Danny and Adam threw some sticks, and drum heads, and waved, and then they were gone. A great show, around 2 hours i believe, without a break.
Thanks to everyone that was there, I hoped everyone enjoyed the show as much as I did, Thanks so much Tool. The presentation of your music was above all other musicians there that weekend, and I've fallen in love again.
OFFLINE |