View Single Post
drummerwithapenis's Avatar drummerwithapenis
06-18-2007, 08:49 AM

firstly... MELT BABABA ROCKS !!!!^_^
Damn... What an opening act! They're like little punk-rock elves!

Ok, now to Tool.

This was my second time seeing them, the first was the Lateralus tour back in '01. I'm glad I got better seats this time. I drove about 3 hrs to get to this one, and it was well worth it.

I was really suprised how small Roberts Stadium was. My seat wasn't on the floor, but I was still pretty damn close! There were alot of empty seats towards the railing in the front row, so I scooted my way down there after they played Jambi. From there, I was like 20 ft. away from Adam! I also had a really great view of Danny and his shiny, 2-ton metal drumset! No complaints about the sound... had trouble hearing Maynard, but I made up for it by providing my own vocals.
I'm really glad they played 46&2.. they didn't play it the last time I saw them. It has to be one of my top 3 favorite Tool songs. I almost fell over the railing during Danny's drum solo, you might have seen me, I was the one on the far left in the front in an epileptic frenzy! I have to say I was quite impressed with all the lasers and shit during Wings/10,000 days. I also really liked the spiral-eyes/clouds visuals, very fitting for the song.
My friend Phoebe was on the floor and caught Justin's pick (!!!). I'm so jealous of her... I think it as in his mouth at one point!
I also found it amusing how Maynard sang "Vicariously" through his hand... what a guy.
Old 06-18-2007, 08:49 AM   #12
Banned.

Bincount™: 245
Re: 2007/06/17 - Evansville, IN - Roberts Stadium

firstly... MELT BABABA ROCKS !!!!^_^
Damn... What an opening act! They're like little punk-rock elves!

Ok, now to Tool.

This was my second time seeing them, the first was the Lateralus tour back in '01. I'm glad I got better seats this time. I drove about 3 hrs to get to this one, and it was well worth it.

I was really suprised how small Roberts Stadium was. My seat wasn't on the floor, but I was still pretty damn close! There were alot of empty seats towards the railing in the front row, so I scooted my way down there after they played Jambi. From there, I was like 20 ft. away from Adam! I also had a really great view of Danny and his shiny, 2-ton metal drumset! No complaints about the sound... had trouble hearing Maynard, but I made up for it by providing my own vocals.
I'm really glad they played 46&2.. they didn't play it the last time I saw them. It has to be one of my top 3 favorite Tool songs. I almost fell over the railing during Danny's drum solo, you might have seen me, I was the one on the far left in the front in an epileptic frenzy! I have to say I was quite impressed with all the lasers and shit during Wings/10,000 days. I also really liked the spiral-eyes/clouds visuals, very fitting for the song.
My friend Phoebe was on the floor and caught Justin's pick (!!!). I'm so jealous of her... I think it as in his mouth at one point!
I also found it amusing how Maynard sang "Vicariously" through his hand... what a guy.
OFFLINE |