View Single Post
andro
06-13-2007, 11:18 PM

had a pretty good time tonight at the show..

as far as the band being 'on', i heard mistakes here and there, but it's really not that important. tool's music is highly technical and there's going to be the occasional mistake. it didn't take away from my ability to enjoy the show. adam's rig dying during the first verse of forty-six & 2 was a bummer, but they got him back up by the first chorus, which was pretty remarkable.

high point of the show had to be the "high is the way..." maynard nailed what's arguably one of tool's most beautiful vocal passages. seeing flood was great, too, although it made me wish i had seen it performed a decade ago. maynard's thanking the crowd for not taking flash photos was also a high point.. i'm not sure i've ever heard him that sincere.

the crowd would have been excellent had it not been for the moron two rows behind us and his lightweight girlfriend. apparently, she had a little too much to drink and ended up vomiting on the guys behind us. three times. so when the guys turn around to say something to her, her testosterone-head boyfriend gets all pissed and throws his beer at them.. hitting them, us, and the couple sitting in front of us. and of course all this happened during wings/10k days.. yay.

the new light/screen show is amazing.

oh.. just had to mention.. what in the hell is with some of the merchandise pricing? like the "fatass tax" for xxl shirts. oh and the "boob tax" for all the women's fitted shirts. at least the tool hotpants were reasonably priced. *sigh*

overall, a great show. thanks, tool. we'll see you next time.
Old 06-13-2007, 11:18 PM   #12
Level 2 - Poster

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2007/06/13 - Winston-Salem, NC - Joel Lawrence Coliseum

had a pretty good time tonight at the show..

as far as the band being 'on', i heard mistakes here and there, but it's really not that important. tool's music is highly technical and there's going to be the occasional mistake. it didn't take away from my ability to enjoy the show. adam's rig dying during the first verse of forty-six & 2 was a bummer, but they got him back up by the first chorus, which was pretty remarkable.

high point of the show had to be the "high is the way..." maynard nailed what's arguably one of tool's most beautiful vocal passages. seeing flood was great, too, although it made me wish i had seen it performed a decade ago. maynard's thanking the crowd for not taking flash photos was also a high point.. i'm not sure i've ever heard him that sincere.

the crowd would have been excellent had it not been for the moron two rows behind us and his lightweight girlfriend. apparently, she had a little too much to drink and ended up vomiting on the guys behind us. three times. so when the guys turn around to say something to her, her testosterone-head boyfriend gets all pissed and throws his beer at them.. hitting them, us, and the couple sitting in front of us. and of course all this happened during wings/10k days.. yay.

the new light/screen show is amazing.

oh.. just had to mention.. what in the hell is with some of the merchandise pricing? like the "fatass tax" for xxl shirts. oh and the "boob tax" for all the women's fitted shirts. at least the tool hotpants were reasonably priced. *sigh*

overall, a great show. thanks, tool. we'll see you next time.
OFFLINE |