View Single Post
facelessDrone
06-13-2007, 05:34 PM

He sounded very sincere to me. I remember what he said pretty clearly:

"Thank you very much....we've played these songs a million times, but it still takes us to a dark place...it takes a lot out of you...it takes a lot of time, a lot of energy, and it makes it a lot easier when you're not taking pictures with those silly cameras (?)...this it the easiest it's been so far, you've all been great and made it really easy for us, thank you very much....thank you, we'll be back very soon."

Since the past shows have had people using flash cameras, I think he was expressing his appreciation that the Richmond crowd (by and large) was not. I can't say for sure that there were NO flashes since I was too busy watching the band =D, but the crowd seemed to be VERY respectful throughout the entire show and I think he genuinely appreciated that.

His words and his tone, to me, seemed very heartfelt and real. Plus, in the past, whenever he's said anything scathing or derogatory to the crowd, it's been pretty obvious.

Sorry you didn't feel the same, that was really a high point of the night for me. For what it's worth, I think you might have just misread him; might help make your memory of the show happier if you think of it that way =D
Richmond - Richmond Coliseum. 6-7-07

Last edited by facelessDrone; 06-13-2007 at 05:38 PM..
Old 06-13-2007, 05:34 PM   #34
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 17
Re: 2007/06/07 - Richmond, VA - Richmond Coliseum

He sounded very sincere to me. I remember what he said pretty clearly:

"Thank you very much....we've played these songs a million times, but it still takes us to a dark place...it takes a lot out of you...it takes a lot of time, a lot of energy, and it makes it a lot easier when you're not taking pictures with those silly cameras (?)...this it the easiest it's been so far, you've all been great and made it really easy for us, thank you very much....thank you, we'll be back very soon."

Since the past shows have had people using flash cameras, I think he was expressing his appreciation that the Richmond crowd (by and large) was not. I can't say for sure that there were NO flashes since I was too busy watching the band =D, but the crowd seemed to be VERY respectful throughout the entire show and I think he genuinely appreciated that.

His words and his tone, to me, seemed very heartfelt and real. Plus, in the past, whenever he's said anything scathing or derogatory to the crowd, it's been pretty obvious.

Sorry you didn't feel the same, that was really a high point of the night for me. For what it's worth, I think you might have just misread him; might help make your memory of the show happier if you think of it that way =D
Richmond - Richmond Coliseum. 6-7-07

Last edited by facelessDrone; 06-13-2007 at 05:38 PM..
OFFLINE |