View Single Post
Shpongleyes
06-10-2007, 10:46 PM

pretty good show, the band sounded fairly tight from where I sat in section 9 row 15. I saw them at Tweeter in Camden and Tower Theater in Upper Darby on this tour, as well as twice on lateralus tour (trenton-first show and still the best, and spectrum in philly i think, saw Third Eye then it was beautiful). I had opportunities during Aenima tour but was on the fringe of being too young ( i was in early high school), so it didn't work out. I've been a fan since undertow.....

I liked both previous shows on this tour more than this one. The band had good energy, but I was disappointed by the setlist. I know its 10,000 days tour, and i understand they are going to play their new songs, but to have the setlist comprise of only a smattering of songs from the previous FOUR albums and NO representation from two of them, I feel a bit disappointed.

No encore or extra song either, the show seemed to stop almost abruptly. I agree with another poster when he said he was hoping for a changed up set list before their few day break, but I think it was more like a Friday at work for them (who the hell wants to stay late on a Friday?!?!) I would LOVE IT if they cut out the WINGS pair of tracks and substituted a few more classics, however I do understand the sentimental value as well as the obvious fact that we are on the 10k days tour so it's all good. those songs together don't exactly suck either, so don't take that the wrong way, ha....overall, the show felt cut short, but i dunno if maybe i'm the only one who felt this way.

the songs that they played were damned fun though. highlights for me were:
Right in Two ( my bro was with me and he was aching to hear this track)
Lateralus - awesome rendition
light show featuring lasers, screens behind and above the band, and rotating eyes (including the third)

I sat 15 heads from the stage in the pit at Tweeter and didn't get as good a view of the lighting effects then. Much better view this time of the lasers.

TRAFFIC WAS HELL! thank god i was only driving to ocean city. and i once again agree with another poster when they said the ushers were worthless....we got misdirected THREE times just looking for our section! and after the show, i couldn't find a water fountain so i asked a guy with a nametag and he had no idea.... wtf. kept walking and got some water though.

anyway, if you saw a guy in an old ass NOFX shirt, that was me. congratulations.
hope you all didn't lose too much at the craps tables!
peace all, until next time.....
Old 06-10-2007, 10:46 PM   #37
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2007/06/09 - Atlantic City, NJ - Boardwalk Hotel

pretty good show, the band sounded fairly tight from where I sat in section 9 row 15. I saw them at Tweeter in Camden and Tower Theater in Upper Darby on this tour, as well as twice on lateralus tour (trenton-first show and still the best, and spectrum in philly i think, saw Third Eye then it was beautiful). I had opportunities during Aenima tour but was on the fringe of being too young ( i was in early high school), so it didn't work out. I've been a fan since undertow.....

I liked both previous shows on this tour more than this one. The band had good energy, but I was disappointed by the setlist. I know its 10,000 days tour, and i understand they are going to play their new songs, but to have the setlist comprise of only a smattering of songs from the previous FOUR albums and NO representation from two of them, I feel a bit disappointed.

No encore or extra song either, the show seemed to stop almost abruptly. I agree with another poster when he said he was hoping for a changed up set list before their few day break, but I think it was more like a Friday at work for them (who the hell wants to stay late on a Friday?!?!) I would LOVE IT if they cut out the WINGS pair of tracks and substituted a few more classics, however I do understand the sentimental value as well as the obvious fact that we are on the 10k days tour so it's all good. those songs together don't exactly suck either, so don't take that the wrong way, ha....overall, the show felt cut short, but i dunno if maybe i'm the only one who felt this way.

the songs that they played were damned fun though. highlights for me were:
Right in Two ( my bro was with me and he was aching to hear this track)
Lateralus - awesome rendition
light show featuring lasers, screens behind and above the band, and rotating eyes (including the third)

I sat 15 heads from the stage in the pit at Tweeter and didn't get as good a view of the lighting effects then. Much better view this time of the lasers.

TRAFFIC WAS HELL! thank god i was only driving to ocean city. and i once again agree with another poster when they said the ushers were worthless....we got misdirected THREE times just looking for our section! and after the show, i couldn't find a water fountain so i asked a guy with a nametag and he had no idea.... wtf. kept walking and got some water though.

anyway, if you saw a guy in an old ass NOFX shirt, that was me. congratulations.
hope you all didn't lose too much at the craps tables!
peace all, until next time.....
OFFLINE |