View Single Post
Superfuzz's Avatar Superfuzz
06-10-2007, 08:08 AM

Solid show overall, seemed short, and the band seemed slightlyyyyy less into it then i remeber from september in DC. I think I might be the only one here who thinks that show was much better. The sound quality was better in b-more, and the visuals were FAR better, but to me everything just sounded slower and less intense. There simply is no beating Aenema on the encore at verizon, everyone was into it, band included, and it was a far "tighter" sound. But enough about the DC show, this one was pretty fun, not a huge fan of the 10k days stuff, but wings sounded much better than last time, and 46&2 was probably one of the best live performances of one of the best live songs i have seen in my life, ever. Pretty short setlist, and as i menitoned earlier, the band sounded sower and more tired, but then again that's expectd when you've been touring for a year, and your drummer tore a bicep ( and still is amazing). Melt Banana was very interesting, i'm not a big fan of cheesy video-game sounding guitar effects, but some of their more straightforward punkish songs were decent, nothing special, but hey at least you know with Tool you're going to get exposed to something innovative and (thankfully) not very generic. Lots of fat drunk assholes moshing in the GA section below (i was sec. 106). Seemed like a pretty stupid bunch. don't get me wrong I'll mosh occasionally (at death metal shows), but it was funny seeing all these fat drunk dudes almost falling over on their asses basically rambling into each other somehwhat slowly as they tried to "mosh" to a semi-heavy part and then it would go to the bridge of the song or something, and theyd be kinda clueless, just randomly lashing out with their arms. This show really wasnt the greatest to be moshing at (most Tool in general). The crowd seemed okay, aside from the aforementioned people.

A couple of funny things: before the show, down on the floor there was this dude and his gf, wearing a red dress, hangin out and dancing to some of the songs over the speakers. The guy walks away for like a second, and this chick goes straight up to one of the security guys on the side fence and starts fliritng like crazy with him. Dude kinda starts lookin at of the corner of his eye, tries to play it off. She was talkin to him for a while. Security guy had a big grin on his face afterwards, and his security guard buddy comes up to him and gives him the whole "respekt" handshake and such. Felt kinda sorry for that guy, his gf bein bitchy like that, straight up flirting with some other dude right in front of him, but i have to admit it was kinda funny. Also, during Lateralus, some drunk asshole starts climbing up rows of chairs, gets in front of my friend and and I, we think hes trying to scoot over in the row to get to his seat, then he just stops right in front of me, and starts chillin, bobbin his head. Needlessly to say i was getting kinda pissed and tried to tell him to move, but he was fuuuuuuucked up, fortunately it was only a half a minute or so till his friends in the row ab ove us told him to come to his seat.

anyways, all around fun show, but DC was definetly better.
Old 06-10-2007, 08:08 AM   #32
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 4
Re: 2007/06/08 - Baltimore, MD - 1st Mariner Arena

Solid show overall, seemed short, and the band seemed slightlyyyyy less into it then i remeber from september in DC. I think I might be the only one here who thinks that show was much better. The sound quality was better in b-more, and the visuals were FAR better, but to me everything just sounded slower and less intense. There simply is no beating Aenema on the encore at verizon, everyone was into it, band included, and it was a far "tighter" sound. But enough about the DC show, this one was pretty fun, not a huge fan of the 10k days stuff, but wings sounded much better than last time, and 46&2 was probably one of the best live performances of one of the best live songs i have seen in my life, ever. Pretty short setlist, and as i menitoned earlier, the band sounded sower and more tired, but then again that's expectd when you've been touring for a year, and your drummer tore a bicep ( and still is amazing). Melt Banana was very interesting, i'm not a big fan of cheesy video-game sounding guitar effects, but some of their more straightforward punkish songs were decent, nothing special, but hey at least you know with Tool you're going to get exposed to something innovative and (thankfully) not very generic. Lots of fat drunk assholes moshing in the GA section below (i was sec. 106). Seemed like a pretty stupid bunch. don't get me wrong I'll mosh occasionally (at death metal shows), but it was funny seeing all these fat drunk dudes almost falling over on their asses basically rambling into each other somehwhat slowly as they tried to "mosh" to a semi-heavy part and then it would go to the bridge of the song or something, and theyd be kinda clueless, just randomly lashing out with their arms. This show really wasnt the greatest to be moshing at (most Tool in general). The crowd seemed okay, aside from the aforementioned people.

A couple of funny things: before the show, down on the floor there was this dude and his gf, wearing a red dress, hangin out and dancing to some of the songs over the speakers. The guy walks away for like a second, and this chick goes straight up to one of the security guys on the side fence and starts fliritng like crazy with him. Dude kinda starts lookin at of the corner of his eye, tries to play it off. She was talkin to him for a while. Security guy had a big grin on his face afterwards, and his security guard buddy comes up to him and gives him the whole "respekt" handshake and such. Felt kinda sorry for that guy, his gf bein bitchy like that, straight up flirting with some other dude right in front of him, but i have to admit it was kinda funny. Also, during Lateralus, some drunk asshole starts climbing up rows of chairs, gets in front of my friend and and I, we think hes trying to scoot over in the row to get to his seat, then he just stops right in front of me, and starts chillin, bobbin his head. Needlessly to say i was getting kinda pissed and tried to tell him to move, but he was fuuuuuuucked up, fortunately it was only a half a minute or so till his friends in the row ab ove us told him to come to his seat.

anyways, all around fun show, but DC was definetly better.
OFFLINE |