Schism (ext)
Lost Keys
Rosetta Stoned
Intension Intro
Right in Two
Wings for Marie 1 & 2
Lateralus (ext w/ Melt Banana)
Vicarious

Only one word can describe this show: AWSOME. This is my second Tool concert and I have been greatly looking forward to it for the past two months. My dad, his friend, and I had four seats in the front row; right in front of Adam Jones. The view was perfect; we could see the stage and Tool could see us. We had an extra seat in the front row so my dad went to the worst seats in the arena and did Tool trivia questions for kids that looked nice. Some kid correctly named the last song on 10,000 Days so he sat up front with us. Security was a real hassle; this crazy jerk in a black shirt was running around up front with a flashlight jumping into the audience whenever he thought he saw a camera. It was a shame cameras were not allowed; I could have had some amazing shots of Maynard from where I sat atleast 10 feet from him. Melt Banana was sort of a mess but I thought their style was really cool and could have potential. When Tool came on I couldnt believe it. They opened with Jambi and the first four songs I was yelling stuff at Maynard and Adam. Adam was totally insane, he looked native american with his braided hair and The Shining shirt. I was yelling "Yeah Maynard! You Rock!" at Maynard during the first songs and one time when I did he looked at me like I was crazy. Also inbetween two songs I was looking back at the crowd and I looked up to stage where I saw Adam STARING at me. It was crazy cool but when I noticed he immediatly looked away. I was surprised when they played The Pot; I had been hoping for it but doubting they would play it; I was excited to see Maynard do his cowboy dance during it. I was also really extatic when they played Intension/Right in Two because they are two of my favorite Tool songs. Lateralus was also amazing when they extended it with the bass player and drummer from Melt Banana dueling with Adam and Danny. It was funny because the members were from Japan so after they did the extension they were bowing to like Adam and Danny who were all confused and were trying to shake their hands. The only bad thing about my seats was it was difficult to hear Maynards vocals because Adams amps were about 5 feet in front of me. Maynard was very talkative and told us this story about before the show he ate tons of pasta and felt like he was pregnant with Elvis. It was very exciting to see Maynard perform because he was dancing around the whole show. At the end the band members threw drum sticks, drum heads, water bottles, and a bag of ice into the audience. The drum stick landed like 5 feet from me where some dude grabbed it and my dad just barely missed a water bottle. After the show we were walking around the boardwalk and outside of the arena loading docks the members of Melt Banana were lost like a couple puppies in the wrong country (literally, they spoke very little english). I felt bad for them and I told them they rocked and gave them the thumbs up. Over all the show was amazing. The only improvements I would have hoped for would be better vocals for my seating and maybe another song from one of their previous albums that no one would expect.

Two more things I forgot to add. First, during 46 & 2 when Maynard sang "picking at the scabs" I picked a cut on my leg and I started bleeding. Its kind of crazy but I thought how cool it was to be bleeding while Maynard was singing up in front of me. Hahaha... Second, the drive from my house was at least seven hours so I got back to my house after continuous driving from the concert at 5 AM. I am so tired that my eyeballs feel like they are going to explode. TOOL ROCKS!

Last edited by paraflux; 06-10-2007 at 08:57 AM..
Old 06-10-2007, 06:48 AM   #17
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 30
Re: 2007/06/09 - Atlantic City, NJ - Boardwalk Hotel

Setlist:
Jambi
Stinkfist
The Pot
46 & 2
Schism (ext)
Lost Keys
Rosetta Stoned
Intension Intro
Right in Two
Wings for Marie 1 & 2
Lateralus (ext w/ Melt Banana)
Vicarious

Only one word can describe this show: AWSOME. This is my second Tool concert and I have been greatly looking forward to it for the past two months. My dad, his friend, and I had four seats in the front row; right in front of Adam Jones. The view was perfect; we could see the stage and Tool could see us. We had an extra seat in the front row so my dad went to the worst seats in the arena and did Tool trivia questions for kids that looked nice. Some kid correctly named the last song on 10,000 Days so he sat up front with us. Security was a real hassle; this crazy jerk in a black shirt was running around up front with a flashlight jumping into the audience whenever he thought he saw a camera. It was a shame cameras were not allowed; I could have had some amazing shots of Maynard from where I sat atleast 10 feet from him. Melt Banana was sort of a mess but I thought their style was really cool and could have potential. When Tool came on I couldnt believe it. They opened with Jambi and the first four songs I was yelling stuff at Maynard and Adam. Adam was totally insane, he looked native american with his braided hair and The Shining shirt. I was yelling "Yeah Maynard! You Rock!" at Maynard during the first songs and one time when I did he looked at me like I was crazy. Also inbetween two songs I was looking back at the crowd and I looked up to stage where I saw Adam STARING at me. It was crazy cool but when I noticed he immediatly looked away. I was surprised when they played The Pot; I had been hoping for it but doubting they would play it; I was excited to see Maynard do his cowboy dance during it. I was also really extatic when they played Intension/Right in Two because they are two of my favorite Tool songs. Lateralus was also amazing when they extended it with the bass player and drummer from Melt Banana dueling with Adam and Danny. It was funny because the members were from Japan so after they did the extension they were bowing to like Adam and Danny who were all confused and were trying to shake their hands. The only bad thing about my seats was it was difficult to hear Maynards vocals because Adams amps were about 5 feet in front of me. Maynard was very talkative and told us this story about before the show he ate tons of pasta and felt like he was pregnant with Elvis. It was very exciting to see Maynard perform because he was dancing around the whole show. At the end the band members threw drum sticks, drum heads, water bottles, and a bag of ice into the audience. The drum stick landed like 5 feet from me where some dude grabbed it and my dad just barely missed a water bottle. After the show we were walking around the boardwalk and outside of the arena loading docks the members of Melt Banana were lost like a couple puppies in the wrong country (literally, they spoke very little english). I felt bad for them and I told them they rocked and gave them the thumbs up. Over all the show was amazing. The only improvements I would have hoped for would be better vocals for my seating and maybe another song from one of their previous albums that no one would expect.

Two more things I forgot to add. First, during 46 & 2 when Maynard sang "picking at the scabs" I picked a cut on my leg and I started bleeding. Its kind of crazy but I thought how cool it was to be bleeding while Maynard was singing up in front of me. Hahaha... Second, the drive from my house was at least seven hours so I got back to my house after continuous driving from the concert at 5 AM. I am so tired that my eyeballs feel like they are going to explode. TOOL ROCKS!

Last edited by paraflux; 06-10-2007 at 08:57 AM..
OFFLINE |