View Single Post
Ninja Joe
06-09-2007, 09:53 AM

This was my second show (saw them on the Lateralus tour before). We were running a little late, arrived just after 9, and soon as we got on the floor the lights dimmed and TOOL came out.

I love Jambi, but they were really having issues with the sound, so the vocals were almost completely drowned out at the beginning. (They were messing with the sounds all night) By the end of the song it was a little better. I thought the bass was too high all night, but thats just me.

Stinkfist was next, (after the dedication of the song to Paris Hilton lol), which was really good. Incredible energy. 46 & 2 was good, although the guitar sound was a little screechy for my liking. I think Schism was next, which good. Same distrubing images from the Lateralus tour. (On a side note, I thought the visual setup was a kind of small. The screens were maybe only 15 feet high.)

Rosetta Stoned was awesome. I didn't like the effect on his voice for the beginning part (he didn't seem real into it), but after that it rocked. Definately my favorite song of the night. A ton of energy, and it sounded great.

I was happy they played Flood... but I was very surprised that the crowd wasn't very into it. I know it's not the most well known song, but I figured at least half the people would know it. Oh well, their loss, I was happy.

The laser show was pretty cool, but after reading the reviews from previous shows I think my expectations might have been a little high. I don't think the laser show was as good as the people hanging from the ceiling on the Lateralus tour.

Lateralus and Vicarious were a great way to end. The show seemed a little short, but I was really tired and I can't imagine how tired TOOL was. I guess you don't realize how into the songs you get until afterwards. Overall I give it a 9/10. I think the show was as good as it could be in the Baltimore Arena. It's a small arena and the acousitcs suck, it's impossible to buy beer or take a piss. Crowd was definately into it, a few annoying drunko's throwing stuff but nothing too bad.
Old 06-09-2007, 09:53 AM   #23
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2007/06/08 - Baltimore, MD - 1st Mariner Arena

This was my second show (saw them on the Lateralus tour before). We were running a little late, arrived just after 9, and soon as we got on the floor the lights dimmed and TOOL came out.

I love Jambi, but they were really having issues with the sound, so the vocals were almost completely drowned out at the beginning. (They were messing with the sounds all night) By the end of the song it was a little better. I thought the bass was too high all night, but thats just me.

Stinkfist was next, (after the dedication of the song to Paris Hilton lol), which was really good. Incredible energy. 46 & 2 was good, although the guitar sound was a little screechy for my liking. I think Schism was next, which good. Same distrubing images from the Lateralus tour. (On a side note, I thought the visual setup was a kind of small. The screens were maybe only 15 feet high.)

Rosetta Stoned was awesome. I didn't like the effect on his voice for the beginning part (he didn't seem real into it), but after that it rocked. Definately my favorite song of the night. A ton of energy, and it sounded great.

I was happy they played Flood... but I was very surprised that the crowd wasn't very into it. I know it's not the most well known song, but I figured at least half the people would know it. Oh well, their loss, I was happy.

The laser show was pretty cool, but after reading the reviews from previous shows I think my expectations might have been a little high. I don't think the laser show was as good as the people hanging from the ceiling on the Lateralus tour.

Lateralus and Vicarious were a great way to end. The show seemed a little short, but I was really tired and I can't imagine how tired TOOL was. I guess you don't realize how into the songs you get until afterwards. Overall I give it a 9/10. I think the show was as good as it could be in the Baltimore Arena. It's a small arena and the acousitcs suck, it's impossible to buy beer or take a piss. Crowd was definately into it, a few annoying drunko's throwing stuff but nothing too bad.
OFFLINE |