View Single Post
burning_purity
06-08-2007, 04:46 PM

2nd time seeing Tool, the first being Washington DC in '06. Gotta say this was the best concert I've ever attended. I was in section 3L, Row E, seat 1, about 25 feet from the stage. First of all, I loved Melt Banana. It is very spastic, and their guitatist is practically a 1 man band. Before Tool played Wings, I turned to my right and saw the Melt Banana bassist standing next to me. Pretty awesome. Adam moved around alot tonight, and I noticed he was wearing pigtails. Extended Stinkfist and Schism were amazing, as expected. Pushit was ridiculously good, still one of my favorites. Wings and 10,000 Days were incredible, possibly some of the best of Tool's career. Then came the EXTREMELY extended Lateralus. It was an amazing song to begin with, but my head was reeling when Danny Carey began the drum battle with the Melt Banana drummer. Maynard was fairly talkative, and said Richmond was the best show so far, and that they would be back soon. By the time Vicarious ended, I could have cared less whether or not they played Aenema. They had already given more than enough. Well, off to Winston Salem.
Old 06-08-2007, 04:46 PM   #25
Level 3 - Talker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2007/06/07 - Richmond, VA - Richmond Coliseum

2nd time seeing Tool, the first being Washington DC in '06. Gotta say this was the best concert I've ever attended. I was in section 3L, Row E, seat 1, about 25 feet from the stage. First of all, I loved Melt Banana. It is very spastic, and their guitatist is practically a 1 man band. Before Tool played Wings, I turned to my right and saw the Melt Banana bassist standing next to me. Pretty awesome. Adam moved around alot tonight, and I noticed he was wearing pigtails. Extended Stinkfist and Schism were amazing, as expected. Pushit was ridiculously good, still one of my favorites. Wings and 10,000 Days were incredible, possibly some of the best of Tool's career. Then came the EXTREMELY extended Lateralus. It was an amazing song to begin with, but my head was reeling when Danny Carey began the drum battle with the Melt Banana drummer. Maynard was fairly talkative, and said Richmond was the best show so far, and that they would be back soon. By the time Vicarious ended, I could have cared less whether or not they played Aenema. They had already given more than enough. Well, off to Winston Salem.
OFFLINE |