View Single Post
Tarot
06-08-2007, 09:29 AM

"Ions" was right after "Jambi." It's kinda a blur after that for me, I was just feeling the music. Literally. The air was vibrating against my skin, especially during "Schism" and "Rosetta Stoned." It was a phenomenal experience, and I'm glad my teenaged daughter enjoyed it with me. She loves Danny's drumming, as do I, so the interplay between him and the other guy during "Lateralus" was a real joy to watch/hear from 30 feet away.

A co-worker who won/was given tickets to suite seats thought the reverb with the music was hideous, and it was kinda hard to hear the vocals in spots, but I still loved it all. I was mostly happy to be directly stage left in 3L A11. I had to lean over when I wanted to see what Justin was doing, and I couldn't see Adam most of the time with the lights in my eyes, but for the most part I was more than happy to just watch Danny play. The man is a god. Just...awe inspiring. And Maynard seemed to be in good spirits. I was touched that he said we'd given them great energy for doing what they do, and I hope he was serious when he said they'd be back "real soon!" Though I hope in VA Beach, if the acoustics there are better.
Old 06-08-2007, 09:29 AM   #18
Level 2 - Poster

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2007/06/07 - Richmond, VA - Richmond Coliseum

"Ions" was right after "Jambi." It's kinda a blur after that for me, I was just feeling the music. Literally. The air was vibrating against my skin, especially during "Schism" and "Rosetta Stoned." It was a phenomenal experience, and I'm glad my teenaged daughter enjoyed it with me. She loves Danny's drumming, as do I, so the interplay between him and the other guy during "Lateralus" was a real joy to watch/hear from 30 feet away.

A co-worker who won/was given tickets to suite seats thought the reverb with the music was hideous, and it was kinda hard to hear the vocals in spots, but I still loved it all. I was mostly happy to be directly stage left in 3L A11. I had to lean over when I wanted to see what Justin was doing, and I couldn't see Adam most of the time with the lights in my eyes, but for the most part I was more than happy to just watch Danny play. The man is a god. Just...awe inspiring. And Maynard seemed to be in good spirits. I was touched that he said we'd given them great energy for doing what they do, and I hope he was serious when he said they'd be back "real soon!" Though I hope in VA Beach, if the acoustics there are better.
OFFLINE |