View Single Post
tim.mcguffin
06-08-2007, 06:19 AM

Most of the above people missed the gist of what Maynard said. He said something along the lines of how even though they play these songs a million times, it takes a lot of effort and he has to go to dark places and relive dark moments from the past that aren't the best feelings to relive, but Richmond made that really easy for them to do, we've been a great crowd and he really appreciates it, thanked us and promised they'd DEFINITELY be back soon. There was no allusion towards VT and there was no mention of flash photography.

I've been following the reviews of concerts and the above is way above and beyond any talking he's done in this tour. He (and the rest of the band) seemed extremely "into it" in this show.

I've seen bootleg videos of their tour and heard many audio, but I still couldn't be prepared for how amazing the show was. I'm riding some serious highs right now, the day after.

The setlist above is correct. I sat in 32L which was Justin's side at a diagonal from the stage, the most perfect vantage point. The sound, surprisingly, was crystal clear from beginning to end. I really didn't expect how complex the tour actually is, from the light shows, the videos, the songs and segues. I am amazed that they are able to keep the music sync'ed up with the videos, even when they slightly vary their setlist from show to show. That has to be a lot of work and coordination. Plus whoever is manning the lasers and lights has to really know what's coming and how the songs go to make them work together.

Tool goes above and beyond the call of duty to give their fans their money's worth. A full 2 hours of music, and a show that rivals the greats in history.

Being able to witness Carey in person feels like I'm catching Jon Bonham in his prime or something. I'm truly thankful to be alive right now to experience this. And my respect for Justin as a bass player, he does some amazing things too, coupled with Adam they make the band sound as if it has more members than it does. Justin is a very technically talented basist. And Adam Jones, who I believe is a major part in writing much of the music, but also does so much more for the band, the videos, artwork, he's really a huge part of the greatness. And finally Maynard, probably the most mysterious and amazing talents I've witnessed in my lifetime.

Maynards voice is nowhere near gone. He had plenty screams and hit every note perfectly. I know he's missed some and was less than enthusiastic at previous shows, but he showed me he has plenty left in the tank.

The venue was great, security was pretty lax but the crowd was still well-behaved and appreciative of everything going on. People even cheered for Melt Banana, mostly out of respect. I was worried about how the crowd would be. I know there were lots of people who weren't die-hard tool fans, but that's actually great. They will be now.

After seeing this show, I seriously think this is a moment in my life I can always reflect upon and smile. It was something special.
Old 06-08-2007, 06:19 AM   #12
Level 3 - Talker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2007/06/07 - Richmond, VA - Richmond Coliseum

Most of the above people missed the gist of what Maynard said. He said something along the lines of how even though they play these songs a million times, it takes a lot of effort and he has to go to dark places and relive dark moments from the past that aren't the best feelings to relive, but Richmond made that really easy for them to do, we've been a great crowd and he really appreciates it, thanked us and promised they'd DEFINITELY be back soon. There was no allusion towards VT and there was no mention of flash photography.

I've been following the reviews of concerts and the above is way above and beyond any talking he's done in this tour. He (and the rest of the band) seemed extremely "into it" in this show.

I've seen bootleg videos of their tour and heard many audio, but I still couldn't be prepared for how amazing the show was. I'm riding some serious highs right now, the day after.

The setlist above is correct. I sat in 32L which was Justin's side at a diagonal from the stage, the most perfect vantage point. The sound, surprisingly, was crystal clear from beginning to end. I really didn't expect how complex the tour actually is, from the light shows, the videos, the songs and segues. I am amazed that they are able to keep the music sync'ed up with the videos, even when they slightly vary their setlist from show to show. That has to be a lot of work and coordination. Plus whoever is manning the lasers and lights has to really know what's coming and how the songs go to make them work together.

Tool goes above and beyond the call of duty to give their fans their money's worth. A full 2 hours of music, and a show that rivals the greats in history.

Being able to witness Carey in person feels like I'm catching Jon Bonham in his prime or something. I'm truly thankful to be alive right now to experience this. And my respect for Justin as a bass player, he does some amazing things too, coupled with Adam they make the band sound as if it has more members than it does. Justin is a very technically talented basist. And Adam Jones, who I believe is a major part in writing much of the music, but also does so much more for the band, the videos, artwork, he's really a huge part of the greatness. And finally Maynard, probably the most mysterious and amazing talents I've witnessed in my lifetime.

Maynards voice is nowhere near gone. He had plenty screams and hit every note perfectly. I know he's missed some and was less than enthusiastic at previous shows, but he showed me he has plenty left in the tank.

The venue was great, security was pretty lax but the crowd was still well-behaved and appreciative of everything going on. People even cheered for Melt Banana, mostly out of respect. I was worried about how the crowd would be. I know there were lots of people who weren't die-hard tool fans, but that's actually great. They will be now.

After seeing this show, I seriously think this is a moment in my life I can always reflect upon and smile. It was something special.
OFFLINE |