View Single Post
DRoehl
06-08-2007, 12:17 AM

This was my 5th show and 3rd this tour
Birmingham
and Atlanta (Duluth)

The show was amazing!
Flood was a great treat!

I thought the sound was very good but I believe it sounded better in Atlanta.
The Gwinnette Center and the Bi-Lo center are very similar but I believe the BI-Lo center is a tad bit smaller. Both were great venues though.

We got there a little early and decided to go eat. the downtown area of Greenville is very nice. I was very impressed. Got some good food too!

Went back to the arena as the doors were opening. Long lines. Security people were absolute dicks. Very rude!

during the show I was constantly distracted by unnecessarily bright flashlights that basically lit up half the fucking arena.

Anyway just wanted to share a couple of things:

Melt Banana really wasn't bad at all. They are really talented they are just TOO loud. I couldn't make out one single word of their performance except the name and that they were from Tokyo. They had a very cool Intro/outro. They began the set and ended the set the same way. I liked it.

Tool opened with Jambi of course. I thought that it sounded slower than the cd and the previous 2 performances. especially during the beginning of the song.

Flood was fucking amazing. I always wanted to hear this song live!!

During Lateralus the drummer for Melt Banana came out. pretty cool. He messed up at the end! it was kind of funny because Danny finished and they were supposed to finish together but the guy kept going until he realized he fucked up and stopped and Danny laughed and got up and gave him a hand shake and exchanged words with a big smile on his face. I thought it was funny.

I kept an eye on the time throughout the show especially after they played Flood because its shorter than Pushit and Right in to. I thought we were gonna get Aenima but no dice. I believe they ended the show at 10:52. Atlanta ended at about 11:20 but they started late. Little disappointed bout that.

Maynard was a lot more talkative than the previous 2 shows but I couldn't really understand anything he said except at the end thanking us for being a great audience.

Last thing! Have to add that there are some crazy people in South Carolina!!!
I saw people at the show with Camoflauge on, really skanky girls with fishnet stockings, shirtless skinhead rednecks, and the absolute best......
There was a guy at the show with OVERALS on!!!!! it was amazing. I tried to get a pic but couldn't

This concludes my Tool 2007 tour :( wish I could go to more shows! Hopefully there will be another album and tour in the near future.

Spiral out.....Keep going!!!!
Old 06-08-2007, 12:17 AM   #34
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 1
Re: 2007/06/05 - Greenville, SC - Bi-Lo Center

This was my 5th show and 3rd this tour
Birmingham
and Atlanta (Duluth)

The show was amazing!
Flood was a great treat!

I thought the sound was very good but I believe it sounded better in Atlanta.
The Gwinnette Center and the Bi-Lo center are very similar but I believe the BI-Lo center is a tad bit smaller. Both were great venues though.

We got there a little early and decided to go eat. the downtown area of Greenville is very nice. I was very impressed. Got some good food too!

Went back to the arena as the doors were opening. Long lines. Security people were absolute dicks. Very rude!

during the show I was constantly distracted by unnecessarily bright flashlights that basically lit up half the fucking arena.

Anyway just wanted to share a couple of things:

Melt Banana really wasn't bad at all. They are really talented they are just TOO loud. I couldn't make out one single word of their performance except the name and that they were from Tokyo. They had a very cool Intro/outro. They began the set and ended the set the same way. I liked it.

Tool opened with Jambi of course. I thought that it sounded slower than the cd and the previous 2 performances. especially during the beginning of the song.

Flood was fucking amazing. I always wanted to hear this song live!!

During Lateralus the drummer for Melt Banana came out. pretty cool. He messed up at the end! it was kind of funny because Danny finished and they were supposed to finish together but the guy kept going until he realized he fucked up and stopped and Danny laughed and got up and gave him a hand shake and exchanged words with a big smile on his face. I thought it was funny.

I kept an eye on the time throughout the show especially after they played Flood because its shorter than Pushit and Right in to. I thought we were gonna get Aenima but no dice. I believe they ended the show at 10:52. Atlanta ended at about 11:20 but they started late. Little disappointed bout that.

Maynard was a lot more talkative than the previous 2 shows but I couldn't really understand anything he said except at the end thanking us for being a great audience.

Last thing! Have to add that there are some crazy people in South Carolina!!!
I saw people at the show with Camoflauge on, really skanky girls with fishnet stockings, shirtless skinhead rednecks, and the absolute best......
There was a guy at the show with OVERALS on!!!!! it was amazing. I tried to get a pic but couldn't

This concludes my Tool 2007 tour :( wish I could go to more shows! Hopefully there will be another album and tour in the near future.

Spiral out.....Keep going!!!!
OFFLINE |